Kathleen Concedes - Will Liberals lose Official Party Status? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kathleen Concedes - Will Liberals lose Official Party Status?

I have become so cynical about Ontario politics, Kathleen McWynnety conceding is merely a last ditch attempt to keep people that actually work for a living (i.e. PC voters) from showing up to vote because the Fort Dork Fake News told them it was a slam dunk...

...only to wake up the next morning in a mirror universe Trumpesque landslide win for the Liberals and a majority McWynnety mandate.

The Big Unions crawled into bed with the Liberals, got what they wanted, used them up, and are now off to bed with the NDP.

What else could you expect?

Wynne is hoping to get people to vote Liberal to prevent the Cons or NDP from gathering a majority.

The problem with trying to do that, is that you have no idea who other people are voting for,
so if too many people vote Liberal, they have an outside chance at another majority.

Last edited:
You never buy a swivel service union.

You only lease them.
As all of Ontario learned during the Harris years, breaking that lease is a *****.

Dbl Post

Christine Elliot would've been a clean sweep, someone with an enviable CV, and that likely would've been good for the province. I'd be fuming if I was her.
That's a tough call. She certainly has a clean reputation and good community standing, but she's pretty far left in ideology which doesn't align with the party ideals and supporters. She finally choked down the party line for the last leadership race but I think that may have been too late and without enough sincerity to get her over the finish line. She also quit on her PC riding in 2015 after losing to Brown. Maybe that was a hissy fit, maybe it was because she played close to the Liberals. Shortly after her resignation she cozied up to Liberal minister Eric Hoskins and took a Liberal appointment to a top job in the Ontario health care system.

I think once the party evaluated her past losses, left-of-party ideology, and her actions in 2015, her overall electability became a concern.

The Big Unions crawled into bed with the Liberals, got what they wanted, used them up, and are now off to bed with the NDP....
In the last debate there was a lot of NDP pandering to unions. It was also clear that Wynne's views on unions appeared to be quite centered -- which is oddly right of her normal position. Wynne seems to feel she has been shortchanged by unions -- she tossed a lot of cash and benefits their way over the years, she must have thought the favours get returned. Instead they gave her a lesson about feeding bears.

I think that helped Ford, he didn't have to do much talking -- he just let the cats fight.

In the last debate there was a lot of NDP pandering to unions. It was also clear that Wynne's views on unions appeared to be quite centered -- which is oddly right of her normal position. Wynne seems to feel she has been shortchanged by unions -- she tossed a lot of cash and benefits their way over the years, she must have thought the favours get returned. Instead they gave her a lesson about feeding bears.

I think that helped Ford, he didn't have to do much talking -- he just let the cats fight.

Which was one of Hudak's biggest mistakes in the last election. The unions were actually fighting with the Liberals right before the election, instead of sitting on the sidelines he decides to attack them directly, the unions then backed Wynne against him. Sort of like two kids having a fistfight in the playground, you don't like either one of them but it is stupid to jump in and fight both at the same time, because they may join forces. Sit back and let them battle it out.

In the end, like I said in the other thread, last I looked 28% of the adult workforce is in a union in Ontario, that is a lot of potential voters!

Back
Top Bottom