This is why TT riders are not like normal people | GTAMotorcycle.com

This is why TT riders are not like normal people

Wow !!! thanks for that.

Reminds me of the Joey Dunlop and family tale.

..and I whinge about my wonky shoulder after a forest road come off......:rolleyes:

holy crap. the sheer determination
i went through a fractured ankle and those were 6 months of hell for me.
can't imagine the pain and suffering of this.
one of the greats for sure.

I would not call it "huge respect" for these racers, as all they did was take a huge risk with their lives or future mobility in cheating death. The stakes for this are just too high, and I think that is why they are considered insane, and which they truly are. The original TT was held over 100 years ago at an average speed of 25 km/hour on machines that were slower than the motorized bicycles of today. To avoid stone walls at that speed is a no-brainer. To do that today at speeds in excess of 200 km/hour is begging for huge amounts of luck.

To give one's life for country is one thing and honourable, but to give it up for just an adrenaline rush, is an addiction for dying.

To give one's life for country is one thing and honourable, but to give it up for just an adrenaline rush, is an addiction for dying.

lolwhat?

Honor and service are just platitudes.

An adrenaline rush on an awesome bike? I'll take that any day

I would not call it "huge respect" for these racers, as all they did was take a huge risk with their lives or future mobility in cheating death. The stakes for this are just too high, and I think that is why they are considered insane, and which they truly are.

Seriously? Just for an adrenaline rush? Kinda oversimplifying it.
To put it all on the line pushing themselves to the limit, doing what they love is honorable, but to give it up just to wear and uniform and hold a gun, is an addiction for violence.
can do it the same the other way around

I would not call it "huge respect" for these racers, as all they did was take a huge risk with their lives or future mobility in cheating death. The stakes for this are just too high, and I think that is why they are considered insane, and which they truly are. The original TT was held over 100 years ago at an average speed of 25 km/hour on machines that were slower than the motorized bicycles of today. To avoid stone walls at that speed is a no-brainer. To do that today at speeds in excess of 200 km/hour is begging for huge amounts of luck.

Risks are high, but we all have different risk tolerances. There are far worse ways to die out there.

I think I read somewhere that TT riders have an unusually high cat ownership rate, which might suggest their common thrill-seeking attitude was caused by the infamous Toxoplasma gondii parasite.

Back
Top Bottom