If someone gave you a $1000... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

If someone gave you a $1000...

Meh, not worth it unless your developing VR or playing a lot in VR...

Im running games at max settings, and unless its a really cutting edge game...i dont think its worth it

I have a X34 Predator (3440x1440) and an Oculus Rift. Witcher 3 and FFXV are at medium and barely do 60fps. My fiancee also got a really nice 4k TV lol

You're right though, if I was running 1080p @ 144hz the 1070 I have now would be just fine.

I bought the 1080Ti mostly because i had money to burn, and i never had a decent gpu

But my gpu needs like my riding needs are fairly average and it really doesn't make a vast difference over my last gpu. I run mostly wow, occasionally planetside 2.

Even for work, its overkill. I keep hearing about FFXV, will look into it

I bought the 1080Ti mostly because i had money to burn, and i never had a decent gpu

But my gpu needs like my riding needs are fairly average and it really doesn't make a vast difference over my last gpu. I run mostly wow, occasionally planetside 2.

In a drunken Newegg browsing session I went from a 1080 to SLI 1080ti's. On my 4k telly it's fantastic. And I make $10 a day just letting them hash when I'm not gaming.

Love Planetside 2. Engineer class all the way...

In a drunken Newegg browsing session I went from a 1080 to SLI 1080ti's. On my 4k telly it's fantastic. And I make $10 a day just letting them hash when I'm not gaming.

Love Planetside 2. Engineer class all the way...

Im more of an infiltrator

I'd buy a new lifejacket ( $329.00 ) , a Shinola wrist watch for my wife, about $400. and a really good bottle of rum $100. and poof the grand is gone.

I'd really like to replace my BBq grill, but I'm not sure $1000 gets that done.

Well, I've blown a lot of you up with my trip mines ;-)

I'm usually head shotting from far. Or waiting with a knife and a stalker cloak

It's interesting how a grand affects different people depending on their financial status. Since this is a toy forum it's assumed the members have some spare coin.

For some a grand would be a life changing event. Dental work, a new wardrobe to apply for a better job, the ability to stock up on essentials when they go on sale etc.

lmao....knew this had to end well

I blame 油井緋色. All that talk of Nvidia in one of his posts must have put a subconscious thought in my brain that was coaxed out with some Forty Creek...

It's interesting how a grand affects different people depending on their financial status. Since this is a toy forum it's assumed the members have some spare coin.

For some a grand would be a life changing event. Dental work, a new wardrobe to apply for a better job, the ability to stock up on essentials when they go on sale etc.

And yet those very same people will completely vote against their self-interests...

And yet those very same people will completely vote against their self-interests...

Poor people are easily manipulated, and more gullible.

Look at the USA.

Or who buys lottery tickets.

Poor people are easily manipulated, and more gullible.

Look at the USA.

Or who buys lottery tickets.
I buy too many lottery tickets. I know it's -EV but I sometimes just say wtf.
I had an eye issue that affects 1 in 1 million at my age.
Plus a bunch of other bad luck stuff that was against the odds.
I figure the universe will one day make good.
Plus I'm generally pretty lucky when it comes to winning stuff.

@Nobbie48 -- so true. Although a grand would be nice, for me, in my situation, I think that $5k is the number where it could actually start to have an impact.

Not to thread hijack, but now I am curious....what's the number for you guys/ gals that would get you to retire?
A million used to be the magic number, but I think that I would need to be closer to two. I still have 2 young kids, mortgage, 13 year old SUV...I would be able to keep my current lifestyle with a few splurges.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

depends, if your really doing what you love, and are fulfilling your destiny, you never want to retire.

For instance....even with a bunch of broken bones and injuries...Kobe didn't want to retire.

I'm also reminded of my grandmother, she was quite old when she passed away, but her health started deteriorating when she stopped using/moving her legs. Human beings are meant to keep moving...

When your legs stop your life stops, and the countdown has essentially begun. A lot of her friends remained active, regularly walking around, doing physical things, and are still active and healthy today.

Better to keep moving and maintain an active lifestyle than to just sit down

Last edited:
I've planned for retirement, but a million cash would have me out tomorrow. I've been quite blessed, (pick whichever God you prefer) , managed to keep wife #1, no mortgage, no line of credit balance, kids education is fully funded so no compelling reason to not do something different.
But my retirement won't be sitting on a dock with a beer, I have several side side hustles that will keep me plenty busy and top up the beer fund.

PS. I buy lottery tickets, it fun to see if anything happens. Its not money that would be better spent groceries, just part of the entertainment budget

I buy lottery tickets too and a few months back in the winter we won $1000. I’d like to say we did something exotic with it but the reality is my snowblower died at the same time as a vacuum cleaner so we bought replacements.

If you do get XV, I'd recommend this play guide: https://steamcommunity.com/app/637650/reviews/?browsefilter=toprated&snr=1_5_reviews_

The reason is because XV went through development hell and they didn't release everything at once. The review/order of play that's linked above will create maximum emotional impact lol

My fiancee just sat with me from yesterday early afternoon to today to watch Chapter 7 to 15. The game is the worst tear jerker I've ever played.

I blame 油井緋色. All that talk of Nvidia in one of his posts must have put a subconscious thought in my brain that was coaxed out with some Forty Creek...

lol they do make the best cards for now...until AMD gets their **** together (unlikely) or Intel releases something (far more likely; they hired ex Radeon/AMD guys)

Back
Top Bottom