June 4th SMP Lapping - rain rain go away! | GTAMotorcycle.com

June 4th SMP Lapping - rain rain go away!

limitsreached

With rain in the forecast(figures), is anyone here planning on going? I have yet to buy rain tires as I also need to buy spare wheels for them. Got a host of new parts on the bike including a new slipper and some new Michelin shoes so I am(was) excited to try it out! With the potential of rain I am on the fence...2.5 hour drive means I must commit so maybe looking for a nudge. :D

Either way, look forward to meeting people from the forum during the season!

Its only a 40% chance.

What tires are you running ATM?

During Round #1 it was supposed to rain, and be cold...I came back with a sunburn, and never put on a new set of tires for the rain.

I'm planning on going, but keeping an eye on the weather. Final decision will be made Sunday early afternoon. This will be my first time back to Shannonville since doing Fast in 2012. Also the first time out on my own track bike, which I picked up last fall and worked on over the winter. Previous to that I've done Racer 5 & Pro6 on rentals. I'll be on an obnoxiously yellow GSXR750, #345. Introduce yourself if you see me in the pits.

Weather is always difficult to predict at SMP. Seems to change on all of the weather stations every few hours. Late Sunday decision. Unless there's a 80% chance of heavy rain, I plan on being there. I'll be on a light blue Honda.

Last edited:
I'll be on an obnoxiously yellow GSXR750, #345.

I track a highlighter yellow R6.
Wanna start a race team!

Yuck! Weather looks miserable for Monday.

What a day!! The morning was pretty bad with rolling showers which seemed relentless. Finally around 8:30am it started to dry and it looked decent by 10am or so. Decided to head out and see how the track was but on my out lap the skys opened up yet again so I decided what the hell, lets see what the Michelin Power Cups are like in the wet. Surprisingly, they were pretty good as long as I avoided standing water. After one more heavy rain shower around lunch, the weather cleared up and the track was dry within an hour allowing for 4 hours or near perfect conditions. Sadly, my bike blew a clutch rod seal a few laps into my second sessions which was a huge bummer after waiting all morning!

On to the next one!

I track a highlighter yellow R6.
Wanna start a race team!

Mustard yellow here. Similar to Caterpillar dozers. We'll have to do some parade laps together, lol.

With the cold and on-and-off showers I decided this would not be a good first day on a new-to-me bike. I'm booked for Pro6 Calabogie on June 17 & 18. Maybe I'll see you there.

Go Yellow!

Last edited:
I got there around 4:30 with the 911 and did laps. The track was *really* green. I haven't felt that much sliding around in years. Good that there were few incidents for the bikes.

Mustard yellow here. Similar to Caterpillar dozers. We'll have to do some parade laps together, lol.

With the cold and on-and-off showers I decided this would not be a good first day on a new-to-me bike. I'm booked for Pro6 Calabogie on June 17 & 18. Maybe I'll see you there.

Go Yellow!

I'll be out of province until the 17th, but I will be at smp on the 18th for the GP bikes day.

Back
Top Bottom