I hate the word "FREE" | GTAMotorcycle.com

I hate the word "FREE"

nobbie48

Site Supporter
It gets so misused.

I got a Clean Air test yesterday, passing, and when I asked how much I was told it was "FREE".

I asked if the shop got paid for doing the test and he said yes. "So," I replied "It isn't free, someone else paid for it."

"Yeah, pretty much"

Free OHIP, Free drugs for the old, Free drugs for the young, free housing, free food.

I'm not against people helping out but if they do so at least respect that someone worked for what someone else got. People don't need their butts kissed just don't treat what they gave like crap because you think it's free.

Air is free. Breathe all you want, no thanks required.

It gets so misused.

I got a Clean Air test yesterday, passing, and when I asked how much I was told it was "FREE".

I asked if the shop got paid for doing the test and he said yes. "So," I replied "It isn't free, someone else paid for it."

"Yeah, pretty much"

Free OHIP, Free drugs for the old, Free drugs for the young, free housing, free food.

I'm not against people helping out but if they do so at least respect that someone worked for what someone else got. People don't need their butts kissed just don't treat what they gave like crap because you think it's free.

Free daycare. Free housing. Free drugs. Free medical. I'm waiting for the free beer.

It's the entitlement that comes with it that bothers me.

It gets so misused.

"Yeah, pretty much"

Toss the guy a $20 next time you get the air test done.

Problem solved.

It gets so misused.

"Yeah, pretty much"

It's already a mandatory test.

So they took out the payment step out of the equation as ...well... whether you pay it through your paycheck (taxes) or you pay it in person, same difference except you have one less excuse to not do the mandatory test.

Especially since now it's done electronically it should cost less and it also allows them to standardize the pricing for it, so garages don't overcharge for it.

Actually you pay it thru the increased cost of the yearly sticker(happened about a year or 2 ago). And that increase was higher than the original Drive Clean test. So, not free, it cost you more.

...actually the increase sticker price is for every year and the test is every 2, so we are paying over double.

It gets so misused.

"Yeah, pretty much"

It is Free, but you just pay more for other user fee's like you car sticker or license renewal and such , in case your not aware that user fees in Ontario went up almost 50% in the last 5 years. Se how well the liberals are at this shell game.

Back
Top Bottom