swapping left controls from GSXR to ZX10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

swapping left controls from GSXR to ZX10

amp3d

Site Supporter
I really miss my GSXR left side controls, with the "passing" button and just the feel in general.
My ZX10R turn signal controls just feel cheap, and of course no pass button.

Thinking of grabbing some gsxr controls off of ebay. Of course, the wiring harness will not match and I'll have to bust out my volt meter and soldering iron, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows if it will physically clamp on.

I tried to find the diameter of the clip-ons, and I thiiiink it should work, but just thought I'd ask here if anyone has done a similar thing, swapping controls from one bike to another?

I thought of re-wiring the lap timer button to be a pass button, but I just really like the ergonomics that were on the GSXR.

I really miss my GSXR left side controls, with the "passing" button and just the feel in general.
My ZX10R turn signal controls just feel cheap, and of course no pass button.

Thinking of grabbing some gsxr controls off of ebay. Of course, the wiring harness will not match and I'll have to bust out my volt meter and soldering iron, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows if it will physically clamp on.

I tried to find the diameter of the clip-ons, and I thiiiink it should work, but just thought I'd ask here if anyone has done a similar thing, swapping controls from one bike to another?

I thought of re-wiring the lap timer button to be a pass button, but I just really like the ergonomics that were on the GSXR.

What is a pass button? Flash high-beams? Be careful how you wire it if that's the case. The Ape came with such a button, but it would turn on the high beam in addition to the low beam. I used it to go around a corner one night and blew the fuse halfway through the corner plunging me into darkness. Boo. Design fail. If it is going to trigger high and low concurrently, I would probably try to use something to drop the high beam current draw (probably PWM these days) or power the flashed high beam from a separate circuit but both obviously add to the complexity of the project

All ZX10Rs of all generations turn the high beam on in addition to keeping the low beam on, when selecting high beam normally. A momentary-contact passing button won't cause any trouble, and I believe the European-market models have the passing button.

All ZX10Rs of all generations turn the high beam on in addition to keeping the low beam on, when selecting high beam normally. A momentary-contact passing button won't cause any trouble, and I believe the European-market models have the passing button.

You are correct sir, the Euro models of the zx10r do indeed have the passing button.

I looked into that, but to be honest I just liked the feel of the buttons better on the GSXR so I thought I'd consider that route first :)

Both bikes have 7/8" handlebars, so that part shouldn't be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom