• NDP

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • PC

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Will not vote

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ever hear the phrase "it's not what you ride but that you ride"? This is what I am asking. I don't care who you vote for.

This is my plea to vote.

If you already vote, please try and encourage 1 non-voter to get in the game (or stfu with regards to provincial politics).

BTW you can't decline your vote in a provincial election. Well, you can, but it won't count for ****.

Thx

You mean if you vote you have no right to complain, if so your correct on that.

We get the government we deserve.

How can a young person really understand what and how government will impact them. I really didn't get most of it until I started to have "responsibilities" like a house, mortgage, and paying the bills...etc. So back then I just put off voting.
Yes I might have a more simple minded view but I was too busy just enjoying life to give consideration to politic's.

Nice generalization. I raced motorcycles and was a ski bum well into the 80s, only working when I had to to finance my lifestyle. According to your missive I shouldn't have given a rat's azz about politics. Yet, I voted in every federal election since I turned 18 in 76 and missed one provincial election in the late 80s when I was out of the country unexpectedly.

Nice generalization. I raced motorcycles and was a ski bum well into the 80s, only working when I had to to finance my lifestyle. According to your missive I shouldn't have given a rat's azz about politics. Yet, I voted in every federal election since I turned 18 in 76 and missed one provincial election in the late 80s when I was out of the country unexpectedly.

FMJ. You are the exception, not the norm. And in this digital age, young folk don’t even know the political process. Even in school, it’s a watered down version and doesn’t inspire much reason to take interest.

Not to take the tread off topic.

What I wish would happen is more discussion about taking an active role in finding investigating their local representatives and candidates etc. Prepare questions that matter and affect them and those around them. Research their track record or history.

Make an informed decision and vote based on their findings that align best to their values etc.

I hate the vote just to vote campaign. You know the folks that turn left in front of motorcycles? Those driving while txting? Those changing lanes without checking? The neighbour that is an ass hat? And the rest of the uninformed? Have them all vote and guess what we get?

Votes based on what someone looks like. Based on a name that might be familiar. Votes based on what a friend might suggest.

The local representative for me and the party I would lean towards has no tract record and has no position on any of the issues. It’s just pointing out flaws in others.

That won’t serve them well if they are in a position to do something if they are voted in. They will likely vote the party line but have no care about the impact to the area I live.

Politics can be just as important as knowing how to balance your bank account, budgeting for living expenses, building a career, having a family, and learning to shop for groceries. It’s a fundamental part of society.

Yet, we are left with radio snippets from party leaders, social media posts that have nothing to do about policy or governance.

And we expect something better than what we have?

We don’t need more votes. We need more engagement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Vote *with poll added*

Don't care, don't vote, never have. Ignorance is bliss, one voice won't change the world. Cheers

This year I got involved in the nomination process. Next time I might go further.

I usually drive my kid over to the polling station to cancel out my vote. Next year I'll have three of them, so I guess I'll have to work on them educating themselves on politics.

What's best and/or promised for my generation, isn't the same as for their generation.

At some point they'll learn that not everyone keeps their promises, and that people like lots of promises.

Doug Ford will win this election and be Premier of Ontario, voting NDP or Liberals is a vote wasted.

Voting is overrated, Politicians are all bought out by big pharma, corporations, bankers and alike. They all have personal agendas that benefit everyone but us, the general public.

Doug Ford will win this election and be Premier of Ontario, voting NDP or Liberals is a vote wasted.

Voting is overrated, Politicians are all bought out by big pharma, corporations, bankers and alike. They all have personal agendas that benefit everyone but us, the general public.

+1 hoping and praying for a conservative victory

I predect that the NDP will win.

The reason why I say this is because of the Education sector.

They tend to vote whatever their unions tell them to vote, and they are very powerful. This time around they are pushing NDP, and last time it was the Liberals (go figure).
Unions can be very persuasive, and send out emails and/or call members with scare tactics, and threats of layoffs if they don't vote the way they are told.

Many teachers are uneducated when it comes to politics, and rely heavily on suggestions of others.

Teachers aren't more educated than anyone else. They just know how to teach their specific subject. Sometimes, not even that. Not much different than the average person that does their job well.

I made sure that my wife and eldest son voted.

Even if they voted against my vote, which they had said they would do.

Next year is the big one when the twins turn 18 and will be eligible as well.

Back
Top Bottom