Peel region - boulevard question | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Peel region - boulevard question

So while he does not "own" this land, he has to maintain it. It is a total dick move to make the home owner's life more difficult by killing the grass with your dogs piss. Typical dog owner sense of entitlement (worse than the homeowner's in this case), why is the world your dogs toilet? Train it to do its business in your own yard...

A dog taking a leak doesn't instantly kill grass. My dog's pisses along a 10' section of fence multiple times a day. There is ~6" of grass that is hurting along this fence. When he used to be able to go anywhere in the back yard, there were no marks.

We had a couple of neighbors that got into it really badly.
They escalated things until they were constantly calling in on each other, and eventually everyone else became casualties for a while, until they both moved.

I ended up getting my second and third parking tickets ever in that time, for parking in front of my own house for more than three hours. I don't really miss either of them.

Don't be that guy.

We had a couple of neighbors that got into it really badly.
They escalated things until they were constantly calling in on each other, and eventually everyone else became casualties for a while, until they both moved.

I ended up getting my second and third parking tickets ever in that time, for parking in front of my own house for more than three hours. I don't really miss either of them.

Don't be that guy.

Ya not interested unless if he decides to be a full asscunt again. I just stood up for myself and my dog.

Does an occasional dog watering destroy a lawn? We get more raccoon crap and it's worse.

The city can fine you if you don't shovel the snow from your walk but the supreme court apparently decided that a city can't put the liability of a fall on the home owner.

A dog taking a leak doesn't instantly kill grass. My dog's pisses along a 10' section of fence multiple times a day. There is ~6" of grass that is hurting along this fence. When he used to be able to go anywhere in the back yard, there were no marks.

Do you guys think there is only one dog in the world?

What happens, dog pees, next dog that comes along smells the pee and pees on the same spot (instinct/marking), then the next dog, then..... So you end up with dead spots from the urine of all the dogs in that spot. Why do you think they sniff around before... Dog owners should understand how dogs behave, should they not?

In your own yard not so much because there is only the one dog.

But again, why is a "trained" dog using other people's lawns or lawns they need to take care of as a toilet, that is a sense of entitlement.

Do you guys think there is only one dog in the world?

What happens, dog pees, next dog that comes along smells the pee and pees on the same spot (instinct/marking), then the next dog, then..... So you end up with dead spots from the urine of all the dogs in that spot. Why do you think they sniff around before... Dog owners should understand how dogs behave, should they not?

In your own yard not so much because there is only the one dog.

But again, why is a "trained" dog using other people's lawns or lawns they need to take care of as a toilet, that is a sense of entitlement.

Dog is doing what comes natural to them. They mark territories like most animals. The day I can tell my dog where to pee is the day I'll have an Asian toilet installed for her to use.

Seriously... If I'm walking through a residential area with my dog where do you expect the dog to pee?

Also, the dog park doesn't have any dead grass patch?

You can actually train your dog when and wear to do its business.

They develop bad habits with marking and such. But they will go on command. And they will hold it until they have permission.

Have friends with sled dogs. Left untrained, a pack of 8 could have individuals do their business and hold up the team.

They actually stop and give a command after a certain amount of time and or distance to do their business.

Other breeds without these challenges, can have the same training. One on one. Walk the dog. Give it a command to it’s business. And if it doesn’t it without the command, you can correct it.

It does take time but, both my dogs will walk without marking until I say it’s ok to “go squirt”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^
Yup - had a pit bull for a number of years and all it took was saying "hurry up" and he would immediately look at to do his business. Go out for a walk and do it on my property and walk for an hour by thousands of marked territories and he would sniff but that's it.

You can actually train your dog when and wear to do its business.

They develop bad habits with marking and such. But they will go on command. And they will hold it until they have permission.

Have friends with sled dogs. Left untrained, a pack of 8 could have individuals do their business and hold up the team.

They actually stop and give a command after a certain amount of time and or distance to do their business.

Other breeds without these challenges, can have the same training. One on one. Walk the dog. Give it a command to it’s business. And if it doesn’t it without the command, you can correct it.

It does take time but, both my dogs will walk without marking until I say it’s ok to “go squirt”.

^^
Yup - had a pit bull for a number of years and all it took was saying "hurry up" and he would immediately look at to do his business. Go out for a walk and do it on my property and walk for an hour by thousands of marked territories and he would sniff but that's it.

Sorry guys. I wouldn't be able to do this. I'm not changing my lifestyle to accommodate others when I already go the extra mile to make sure dog is in boulevard.

Also there is no pleasing others. There is *******#2 on the same street that insist my dog is only allowed walk on sidewalk and no grass. I really have to call the city on this guy. He turned parts of the boulevard into his own garden and no one is allowed to go on the boulevard. Even if you avoid the garden he insists no dogs allowed on the green no matter what.

I refuse to let these guys bully us. Why should we change our lifestyles to accommodate them.

That's funny cuz I have a guy who lives on my street and walks his dog 2x every day who stops at my property and takes a leak in my front garden. Another resident has one of those long retractable leashes, but almost always keeps it at the full length and their dog walks in and around my whole front garden sniffing stuff.

The grass and gardens are there for everyone to enjoy and life's too short to worry about an animal pissing on my yard. Ask those people if they chase the birds and squirrels away too?

Easiest solution would be to change your route.

I’d be “interesting” if he got a big dog and trained it to poo on your lawn every day when you weren’t around.

Op. Don’t think it’s a question of rights.

Does the home owner have the right to give you grief for your dog taking a leak on the boulevard in front of their home?

Do you have the right to let your animal urinate on the boulevard in front of a property?

I think some homeowners won’t care while others do.

And some animal owners will be mindful while others won’t.

There are many dog walkers out there. And many will go when they need to go. And there just isn’t any way to prevent it.

And the homeowner is likely to develop health conditions by getting bent every time they witness it happen.

You can continue to laugh at the fella as their blood pressure rises and give you hell.

As it’s been mentioned, both of you could take things to a different level and it likely won’t result in either of you appreciating the other person’s point of view.

Walking our dogs, there are some places we avoid for one reason or another. And there might even be some places we prefer to avoid but, need to pass by to get to a place we want to go.

It’s just life.

You are not in the wrong. Your dog is not in the wrong. And the homeowner is not in the wrong.

Back
Top Bottom