Summer Jacket recommendations | GTAMotorcycle.com

Summer Jacket recommendations

Vontwowheels

Hey guys,
I bought a demin Speed and strength jacket last October when i got my M2 however its quickly becoming apparent it might be a bit heavier then id like for summer. I found a thread very similar but was from 2014 so thought it might be out dated in terms of whats available

ive looked around royal and the internet have a few trying to keep under the $250 mark. online reviews for everything are all over the place so looking for real confirmed peoples opinions. Found an, Icons Mesh AF but the whole sleeve is mesh, while im sure cool how much protection would that give me in case something happens?
Speed and strength also offers a mesh jacket seems as a pretty basic design and just below that in price they have a Z1R brand thats new?
Joe rocket has a phoenix 12 that comes with a windproof inner liner, could be nice on a chilly day
an internet seach put me onto leather up, but prices seem low comparably but states fully CE approved elbow, shoulder and back protection.
https://www.leatherup.ca/p/Shop-Men...vanced-Level-3-Mesh-Sports-Jacket/114546.html

any input or recommendations without breaking the bank

thanks,
Glenn

Joe Rocket are fine but sizing can be iffy. I like AirGlide mesh gear. Icon not sure of. WHat is your jacket size ...check on Kiji

Mesh will protect don't beleive the crap about melting.

Leather will protect.Sweat or bleed.Your choice.

I have a Joe Rocket mesh jacket and I still felt to warm with it on yesterday (yes the liner it out!). I was wondering what else I could look at, beside not wearing it. :rolleyes:

I am also thinking about different gloves. I have alpine stars which are great, but not so much in this weather.

Klim Induction.Love it. Maybe north of your price point.

I have a Joe Rocket mesh jacket and I still felt to warm with it on yesterday (yes the liner it out!). I was wondering what else I could look at, beside not wearing it. :rolleyes:
I am also thinking about different gloves. I have alpine stars which are great, but not so much in this weather.

what colour is your JR mesh jacket? if it is black. that is why you were hot

for the record. i wear an Alpine Star perforated leather jacket in hot weather. I got it a few years ago in winter. Thing is heavy and i had serious doubts the perforations would do anything. Was happy to find out that it works
very well. The top half is white/ white sleeves. Some black panels on stomach area. After a few years the white is showing some battle scars. Bug guts and dirt. But i aint cleaning it.
Also wear a white Shoei GT-Air helmet. Picked up a pair of JR alter ego pants in white this year. much better than the old JR black Ballistics i had.

Last edited:
Not going to find Klim for under $350 new but yes, they make excellent products.

I find that S&S and Icon are designed more for flashy looks than anything else. Joe Rocket is generally a decent low end company.
Teknic used to be a good cheap option but they are out of business I believe.

I bought the JR Alter Ego at the m/c show last year for around $200. Nice and warm with the outer layer albeit a bit bulky - and I really bought it for the mesh/armor under layer. Light color, as mentioned above.

what colour is your JR mesh jacket? if it is black. that is why you were hot

for the record. i wear an Alpine Star perforated leather jacket in hot weather. I got it a few years ago in winter. Thing is heavy and i had serious doubts the perforations would do anything. Was happy to find out that it works
very well. The top half is white/ white sleeves. Some black panels on stomach area. After a few years the white is showing some battle scars. Bug guts and dirt. But i aint cleaning it.
Also wear a white Shoei GT-Air helmet. Picked up a pair of JR alter ego pants in white this year. much better than the old JR black Ballistics i had.

Ya it is mostly black, but with some yellow stripes on the front. It is the jacket I purchased for my training course last year, and actually turned out to be pretty decent over all.

I'll look into the Alpine Star, but I am on a cruiser not sure how well the big star graphic would all look. Ya I know how does the yellow stripes fit in... I dunno either.

I've got an Olympia Airglide jacket now, and an older Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 that I used to wear. Neither has been crash tested, but they're both very nice at speed or a slight breeze.
2012-Olympia-Airglide-3-Mesh-Tech-Jacket-Neon-Yellow-Men.jpg

Motoport is probably the name to beat for mesh.

Back
Top Bottom