Too much Kawi green? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Too much Kawi green?

arogal

I am debating whether or not to Powder coat the wheels on my 09' ZX6R Monster Edition Kawi green or not. The bike does look nice with black wheels (they are easy to keep clean also)...but I think kawi green wheels on it would look quite sleek. There ain't many 09' monster edition bikes out there, and the few I do see all have the stock black wheels.
What do you guys think...too much green with the wheels?
How my bike currently looks:
maxresdefault.jpg

What it could look like with Kawi green wheels:
$_80.JPG

On a mostly black bike I would go with gold rims,
but I'm old and my daughter tells me gold is an old people colour :|

Hmmm, personally I prefer the green rim tape you have over those green rims.
I feel like most will probably agree with me.

I guess it just depends on how bold you want to be. Once you change the rims though, should the day come you ever need or want new fairings (those days do come up for most of us), you might wish you had the black rims.

Besides, once you change the rims, you're essentially no longer riding a monster edition zx6 :D

I got gold on my zx10r....hottt (I think)

I like it with the green wheels.But then i am a bit biased.(awesome powdercoat by JohnnyP636)
P5030174_zpsbrs8jqvy.jpg

How about thicker more visible green rim tape on black rim?

The ones that go across?

One example.
https://goo.gl/images/RVhbcU

But I'm sure imagination can run wild with these

That was my first thought as well. Cleaning rims sucks. This would give you some more color while still having time to ride. Keeping the inside surface of the rims black looks much better if they haven't been cleaned in a while.

How about thicker more visible green rim tape on black rim?

The ones that go across?

One example.
https://goo.gl/images/RVhbcU

But I'm sure imagination can run wild with these

That was my first thought as well. Cleaning rims sucks. This would give you some more color while still having time to ride. Keeping the inside surface of the rims black looks much better if they haven't been cleaned in a while.

These are good recommendations. Tell me about it, I absolutely hate cleaning rims. I'm very anal with keeping things in very good condition and I even clean the dust off my black rims every friday night before beer time.
I am interested in something similar to this:
278772008e96b9924fc24f24b16e1290.jpg

Or maybe stick to my gut (what the majority of you guys thought was a retarded idea couple of months ago) and get these. I know lots of people on here said "this would look ok if you are going to hang out in parking lots"....but you can actually really see the colour of an inner sticker while the wheels are spinning while riding. My friend has white SUZUKI ones on his black rims, and it looks really neat when he is riding:
71y93ZSThdL._SL1024_.jpg

I am debating whether or not to Powder coat the wheels on my 09' ZX6R Monster Edition Kawi green or not. The bike does look nice with black wheels (they are easy to keep clean also)...but I think kawi green wheels on it would look quite sleek. There ain't many 09' monster edition bikes out there, and the few I do see all have the stock black wheels.
What do you guys think...too much green with the wheels?
How my bike currently looks:
maxresdefault.jpg

What it could look like with Kawi green wheels:
$_80.JPG
I think the green wheels will look AWESOME. But sadly, not my bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 for green rims. But I don't have to clean em.

...and leave the seat green.
What he said. I like the green, but my whole versys is candy lime.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I'm with Iceman and Riceburner; green rims, leave the rest as is.
But wtf do I know? I ride a purple bike.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

I like the green wheels too.

I have gaudy orange/red wheels on my Tuono and love the look. Cleaning is no big deal: spray some WD-40 on a microfibre towel and you're done each wheel in two minutes, maybe three if you don't have a stand.

Your Daughter is funny. Gold is for rich people. Young and old. Give me several gold bars and I am sure young people will not say. "I don`t want that colour, it`s for old people"
With age comes experience, knowledge, common sense?

Back
Top Bottom