CHP officer hits a motorcyclist | GTAMotorcycle.com

CHP officer hits a motorcyclist

"For unknown reasons the left side of the yamaha made contact with the police vehicle"? Are they serious? Isn't "no comment" a much less inflammatory statement? Obviously we don't know what led up to the incident, but the cop car very clearly pulled alongside the rider and then squeezed them into the curb. And police wonder why many people have trouble trusting them.

"For unknown reasons the left side of the yamaha made contact with the police vehicle"? Are they serious? Isn't "no comment" a much less inflammatory statement? Obviously we don't know what led up to the incident, but the cop car very clearly pulled alongside the rider and then squeezed them into the curb. And police wonder why many people have trouble trusting them.

I don't think police "wonder" why people don't trust them.

In fact, I'm willing to bet the majority of people do put trust in police.
People just have problems with authority. Human nature, it's always been this way.

People just have problems with authority. Human nature, it's always been this way.

Well, if they wanted to improve relations with the public, the statement could have been "We are investigating a collision where our cruiser hit a motorcycle. The officer is on modified duty until the outcome of the investigation." Based on the wording of their statement, even in the face of overwhelming evidence, the default police position is the rider is at fault.

Saw this all over Instagram.

What the video doesn't show is what happened before hand and why he was in pursuit...

Saw this all over Instagram.

What the video doesn't show is what happened before hand and why he was in pursuit...
Agreed, not enough there to make anything but a biased opinion

Sent from my MIX Lite using Tapatalk

In the second half of the incident, the people crowding the cop astonish me. The absolute best possible scenario is that the cop ignores the people walking on to the scene.

Guess what OPP have been known to use the same tactics whereby the rider mysteriously collides with the pursuit vehicle. But, thankfully with cameras there will be consequences for the officer

BB

Guess what OPP have been known to use the same tactics whereby the rider mysteriously collides with the pursuit vehicle. But, thankfully with cameras there will be consequences for the officer

BB

Yeah, it would be interesting to see how all this pans out.

To be honest though, the fact that the rider is able to stand up and walk away....it suggests that the officer actually performed his duties appropriately, no?
Just being devils advocate here.

No deaths and no injuries sounds like a win to me?

To be honest though, the fact that the rider is able to stand up and walk away....it suggests that the officer actually performed his duties appropriately, no?
Just being devils advocate here.

No deaths and no injuries sounds like a win to me?

No. Knocking a biker over is basically using lethal force. Other people have mentioned that it is not clear what the rider was doing beforehand, so there is a tiny microscopic passing chance that it was appropriate

the left side of the yamaha made contact with the police vehicle

How about a neutral statement like "the vehicles collided" eliminating the insinuation that the bike initiated the crash.

Cops use street justice because the courts don't hammer the offenders. Trial first and if guilty pay serious dues. HTA 172 is no different.

Question authority if they are wrong. Talked and taught my children this. Teachers, doctors and cops have been convicted for wrong doing. Why wouldn't you question authority?.... just because someone is a cop?

Last edited:
We have an incomplete picture (literally) of the whole incident. I expect zero repercussions for the officer. In the brief snapshot we see a rider speeding by with CHP in pursuit. In the US if you choose to defy a law enforcement officer you suffer the consequences. While it may not seem right or fair rider got off easy in terms of injury.

The cops should be careful. With so many of them armed to the teeth down there, the US is a powder keg. They regularly burn cities to the ground.

We have an incomplete picture (literally) of the whole incident. I expect zero repercussions for the officer. In the brief snapshot we see a rider speeding by with CHP in pursuit. In the US if you choose to defy a law enforcement officer you suffer the consequences. While it may not seem right or fair rider got off easy in terms of injury.

Snowcat did a vlog on this and apparently there are clear guidelines that a CHP officer can't hit a motorcyclist while in pursuit unless it falls within a certain criteria. I'm sure they'll find a way to make sure it fall within that criteria. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq65VtXlrcw&t=364s

Judging solely on the video. What I see is, someone running from the police. They even run a red light. They finally appear to start to slow down and the cop pulls a maneuver, sidswiping (hitting the bike) to ensure it doesn’t try to take off again. Cop may have saved innocent lives, including the riders.
Now the discussion becomes,what is protocol in this state, why the original traffic stop that lead to the chase, and how fast were they actually going when he side swiped him.

We should remember that cops deal with or have the potential to deal with violent criminals all the time. If you decide you want to play rough with the cops, you're going to get hurt.

Sent from my MIX Lite using Tapatalk

The way I see it is the cop got ahead, pinched off the lane and Squid kept on the throttle.

If a siren is wailing beside you, stop. If you start a chase, what are you expecting the outcome to be?

I won't be losing any sleep over this one.

Back
Top Bottom