SC Project for Street Triple | GTAMotorcycle.com

SC Project for Street Triple

stangn99

Hey guys,

Anyone here have an SC Project conic or S1 fitted on their striple?

I'm interested in buying one for my '15, but worried it may be too loud. I've watched every YouTube video and each one sounds different because of the mics. Looking to meet to possibly hear it live.

Also wondering if you purchased direct from SC or bought it from a reseller.

Thanks

For volume levels, ask the manufacture for decibel level readings.

That won't tell you the type of sound and only tell you the volume.

If they give you sound levels, make sure they also give you an idea of how they are measured (at a minimum what was the distance between the mic and muffler). So many manufacturers like to publish numbers but they mean nothing without knowing how they were obtained.

For instance, Honda on their website for the EU2000i generator has "Whisper-quiet operation — 59 dB(A) at rated load, 53 dB(A) at 25% load". Even the crappiest champion that was ever made can have those sound levels if you back up far enough. The Honda was probably measured at 7 metres (https://powerequipment.honda.com/generators/super-quiet), but it's disappointing that even Honda doesn't bother to state this. Expecting better from smaller companies that are trying to outwank each other is asking a lot.

Last edited:
I decided to just purchase it. It'll take 5-8 weeks to arrive.
I think it's the nicest looking exhaust for the bike. I actually really like the look of the stock exhaust, but want just a TAD more volume for highway riding.

I've had quite a few cars get too close for comfort (to be fair I usually keep rpms quite low).

Hopefully it won't be annoyingly loud. We'll see.

I decided to just purchase it. It'll take 5-8 weeks to arrive.
I think it's the nicest looking exhaust for the bike. I actually really like the look of the stock exhaust, but want just a TAD more volume for highway riding.

I've had quite a few cars get too close for comfort (to be fair I usually keep rpms quite low).

Hopefully it won't be annoyingly loud. We'll see.
Congrats on the purchase!! This indeed is a very nice looking exhaust. I have yet to hear one in person, but they sure do sound nice online. You can always remove the baffle if you find it isn't loud enough.....but from what I have read, you will probably keep it in. Where did you purchase it from? Bayside Performance has them in stock and they are $815 free shipping. You would have got in within a couple days.
https://www.baysideperformance.ca/1...-s1-silencer?zenid=v113ddpidc9jqvlalk1nnv83c1
Keep us posted on how you like it once you slap her on!

Congrats on the purchase!! This indeed is a very nice looking exhaust. I have yet to hear one in person, but they sure do sound nice online. You can always remove the baffle if you find it isn't loud enough.....but from what I have read, you will probably keep it in. Where did you purchase it from? Bayside Performance has them in stock and they are $815 free shipping. You would have got in within a couple days.
https://www.baysideperformance.ca/1...-s1-silencer?zenid=v113ddpidc9jqvlalk1nnv83c1
Keep us posted on how you like it once you slap her on!

Thanks! I ordered direct from SC website. It came to $650 CAD shipping included. From what I understand there won't be any duties either. I figured the savings would be worth the wait.

I'll report back one I receive and install it. Already called GP and confirmed for $50 they will put the Arrow map on as well

Nope...ecu is locked for '13 and newer. :(
Hmm... unfortunate. I'm able to access the ECUs of my '11 Thruxton and '02 Tiger; makes life a little easier.

via Tapatalk

Sweet! Exhaust arrived today via FedEx. Took a total of 20 days from time of online payment. Looks and feel really well made. I won't be able to install it until Sunday.

Is it safe to ride around without the Arrow map for, say, a week?

Sweet! Exhaust arrived today via FedEx. Took a total of 20 days from time of online payment. Looks and feel really well made. I won't be able to install it until Sunday.

Is it safe to ride around without the Arrow map for, say, a week?

You'll be fine.
May run slightly leaner but nothing to worry about.
It's just a slip on. Not a full exhaust.

I ran the Arrow on my 675 for a few days before having it mapped. I honestly noticed 0 difference post tune.

You'll be fine.
May run slightly leaner but nothing to worry about.
It's just a slip on. Not a full exhaust.

I ran the Arrow on my 675 for a few days before having it mapped. I honestly noticed 0 difference post tune.

Thanks miggs,

Do you know if anyone other than GP Bikes can load the Arrow map on my '15?
Somewhere in Toronto would be ideal, since GP is about 1hr away for me.

The SC sounds absolutely incredible. The popping/crackling on decel sounds really nice. It's a tiny bit louder than i'd like, but It's not annoying or anything (wife agrees). It also sounds great between shifts when using the quickshifter.

As far as I know only GP does the mapping.
Not sure if Riders has the ability but wouldn't hurt to call.

As far as I know only GP does the mapping.
Not sure if Riders has the ability but wouldn't hurt to call.

Would happen to know how the mapping is actually done? Do they do it through the obd port? Just curious what they tap into to actually perform the remap. Where is the plug located?

Port is under driver seat.
They basically hook up a laptop, reflash ecm, run the bike until it reaches temp and then apparantly the ecm resets itself and tune is flashed

Port is under driver seat.
They basically hook up a laptop, reflash ecm, run the bike until it reaches temp and then apparantly the ecm resets itself and tune is flashed

Awesome! Just got back from GP. They did just that. I must admit I do not feel any change at all. I also don't ride the bike anywhere near its potential...

Thanks for all the info.

You have pics of the bike with the can installed?

Back
Top Bottom