Cardo PackTalk BOLD | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cardo PackTalk BOLD

amp3d

Site Supporter
i've been holding off on the Cardo Packtalk and finally the BOLD version has been released. Looks great.
I'm going to be ordering one, but just thought if anyone else was going to get one I'll just get the double pack and split it.

Cost will be $290 CAD plus tax.

Sure beats the $320USD on the cardo website.

Send me a PM if you're interested!
I'm an East-ender/KC guy if it matters.

Promo video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAwhx-M2sY0

It's about time they came out with a scroll button!! That is the main reason why I switched over to SENA. This makes sense to me. Well done Scala. I am behind the times on Comm kits. All the new ones look freakin awesome. I'm stuck with the Sena S10, but t does the job. Someone here will want to purchases the dual kit with you....its a great price.

Last edited:
Am I the last rider on the planet who doesn't want a comm unit? Never mind the expense of these things, one of the things I love most about riding is NOT being able to be gotten a hold of! Now maybe some of you are high powered execs wheeling and dealing and might need to grab that call while riding to save the deal with Tokyo, or maybe your Wife is 9 months pregnant and could go into labour any moment and need one of these things paired up with your phone. Me? My phone is on airplane mode in my top box until I decide to check it at a stop, (usually once a ride) and when riding with other riders we just use hand signals. Never had a problem in 21yrs of riding. Hell, I didn't even have a cell phone period until my daughter was born in 2013!

Am I the last rider on the planet who doesn't want a comm unit? Never mind the expense of these things, one of the things I love most about riding is NOT being able to be gotten a hold of! Now maybe some of you are high powered execs wheeling and dealing and might need to grab that call while riding to save the deal with Tokyo, or maybe your Wife is 9 months pregnant and could go into labour any moment and need one of these things paired up with your phone. Me? My phone is on airplane mode in my top box until I decide to check it at a stop, (usually once a ride) and when riding with other riders we just use hand signals. Never had a problem in 21yrs of riding. Hell, I didn't even have a cell phone period until my daughter was born in 2013!

I'm totally with you on this.

Can't say I've ever used one to make calls with. It is really nice to be able to talk with friends, crack jokes, talk about random stuff while riding in a group. I keep my phone on silent, so when it is paired to my phone to listen to music there are zero notifications....that would bother me so much!

Can't say I've ever used one to make calls with. It is really nice to be able to talk with friends, crack jokes, talk about random stuff while riding in a group. I keep my phone on silent, so when it is paired to my phone to listen to music there are zero notifications....that would bother me so much!
Agreed.

I don't think I've ever taken a call while riding.

But using it for voice based gps instructions is great, and much safer than looking down at a Garmin (which I did on my last trip to Deals gap). Traffic reports are always handy too. And of course music.

There's about 1000 general purpose reasons why a user would want a comm device.

If the others don't see value in it, it's likely they are too old to use the technology anyways :D

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I've had lovely phone conversations with my daughter while riding ...no difference than her being in the passenger seat in a car.
Makes it easy to call 911 or OPP when there is a problem and you dial by name or voice.
I don't answer many calls but staff can reach me if needed.....I don't have it auto-answer tho.

It's an entirely different experience being able to communicate with another rider and I've lots of good conversations with riding buddies. Getting to know them - just chitchatting and alerting them to interesting things along the ride.

The main reason I got a system was buddy took off down the 401 trailing a longish strap that could have been messy if it caught in something ...could not catch him, could not tell him the problem ....got a Scala set the next day and it really was an eye -opener.
No more hand signals for pit stops etc....we could discuss where we wanted to stop for lunch, how far to fuel ( a real issue with one bike with 450 km range and the other with 250 km range. ).

And there is always an off button.

We had a cool system worked out with the front rider keeping an eye out on road conditions and the navigator telling him where/when to turn.
With my heavily loaded Vstrom 650 I did not have a lot of passing power and it was great to have the kid give me an all clear.

Good things tho I've been riding solo lately so selling the SENA20s.
Just use the phone and the Pioneer Rayz. The noise cancelling is pretty impressive.

••••

I love people that comment on things they've never used. :rolleyes:

The best part of their new firmware is being able to patch in phone calls to the DMC party line. Ive linked in so many riders and its really made riding with new people a much more enjoyable and safer endeavor. No more messing with pairing them in or messing with settings. Even if they have some $5 aliexpress bluetooth intercom unit that they used only for music, all I need is their phone number and they can talk with us on the ride.

The best part of their new firmware is being able to patch in phone calls to the DMC party line. Ive linked in so many riders and its really made riding with new people a much more enjoyable and safer endeavor. No more messing with pairing them in or messing with settings. Even if they have some $5 aliexpress bluetooth intercom unit that they used only for music, all I need is their phone number and they can talk with us on the ride.

Wow! You can patch phone calls into the DMC? That's amazing!!

I'm bringing my mom on the line the next time we do a group ride!!

Am I the last rider on the planet who doesn't want a comm unit?

nope, I'm another one
can't imagine why you would want to listen to anyone
drone on and on about nothing while you're riding

on group rides, agree where you're going
and go, WTF would there be to talk about
over a beer at the end of the day
if you had been yammering all day??

nope, I'm another one
can't imagine why you would want to listen to anyone
drone on and on about nothing while you're riding

on group rides, agree where you're going
and go, WTF would there be to talk about
over a beer at the end of the day
if you had been yammering all day??

It gives you more flexibility with the group ride or more awareness of what might be around you. Examples are calling out gravel around blind corners, riders falling behind due to mechanical issues (stuck shifter, license plate falling off, etc), low gas, and calling out if everyone made it through a stoplight to name a few. While most of this sounds like sweeper duty, well, it is great for that. These are a few examples if the socializing aspect doesn't appeal to you. Can't really help it if the people you ride with aren't also fun to talk to.

Hello all,
I recently purchased a Cardo Packtalk Bold and I am finding that the volume is too low. I have searched through a lot of forums and have tried all the possible solutions (using spacers, ear buds, firmware update, etc.) and no matter what I do, the volume is not loud enough and I am thinking of returning it. However, before I do so, I have a question ... do you know of this problem and of any possible solutions?
Thank you :)

Hello all,
I recently purchased a Cardo Packtalk Bold and I am finding that the volume is too low. I have searched through a lot of forums and have tried all the possible solutions (using spacers, ear buds, firmware update, etc.) and no matter what I do, the volume is not loud enough and I am thinking of returning it. However, before I do so, I have a question ... do you know of this problem and of any possible solutions?
Thank you :)

I assume you have the speakers inserted into your helmet? Most helmets these days have pockets for them, but the quality and volume of sound can be impacted by moving it even a small amount. Maybe explore the positioning or look at removing some foam if there's a barrier between it and your ears.

Alternatively you can buy some 'better' speakers to use with the unit. I saw an add for them not too long ago.

Is your phone volume and your cardo device volume turned up? Still no good?

Then have you tried changing the default volume level in settings when logged into the Cardo community website (same place you did the firmware update)?

You may also be able to change the default volume setting through the Cardo Connect app.

Btw, does the cardo volume increase and decrease as you are riding or does it just stay constant? If it stays constant, best to take it back.

I have the Q-Solo and it took three units (ie. 2 returns) before I got one that worked properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am like most, I use the comm system for music and nav. I can count the number of times I have taken a phone call on two hands and have never used bike to bike comms with it. Having music makes long days much more enjoyable when riding. I do like for nav as well getting a verbal que when the turn is coming up.

Is your phone volume and your cardo device volume turned up? Still no good? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a great recommendation. If the volume on your phone isn't maxed out, the volume while using your device will not be as loud as it can go.
Sena has a "volume boost" setting which I found helped out alot. See if your Cardo bold has a similar setting you can use.

Back
Top Bottom