Unmarked Police Vehicles | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Unmarked Police Vehicles

.....The name of that yellow squad car? Albert Einstein.

Blinky
20131116_BLINKY_TOcopcar.jpg

To the OP, I know exactly what you're talking about. That black dodge ram in particular is brutal. I live right near appleby and dundas and he's got someone pulled over everytime I pass through there haha. A couple of my friends have been pulled over for 10km/h over... They also like to sit just beyond the train underpass heading south on appleby line as you pick up a bit of speed heading down the hill..

If you choose to look at this as a revenue tool and not a safety tool, that's fine. Just remember that there is an up side to that too. So called "sin taxes" like moving violation tickets and the taxes on smokes and booze are the reason you don't pay more income tax than you already do. If everyone suddenly obeyed every driving law and quite smoking and drinking the gov't would need to tax you way more to cover the loss in revenue!
If drivers started obeying every law we would require zero police enforcing the highway traffic act thus saving a crap load of money!

Really? 10 over? I know cops dont bite you for 10 over....your better off paying attention to your surroundings than watching the speedo like a hawk, and worrying about 5 or 10 over.

It bothers me how many of you will speed along at 20 kph over, and then slam on the brakes to be very suddenly going at 20 kph under, when you see a police car too late.

I love unmarked cars for that very reason. Most people pass them in their own little world oblivious to any danger, and therefore cause none.

Marked cars, are a hazard on the road, as people drive irrationally around them.

As for catching people doing stupider things than speeding, I notice lots of police cars doing just that. Just because YOU miss them, doesn't mean they're not there.

European vs North American approach to traffic enforcement. Proactive vs Reactive.

If vehicles were brightly coloured and visible from the moon people would behave themselves and there would be less revenue collection.

I the old days traffic enforcement was thought seeing police around . That was the deterent. But it did not bring in cash . Now it's stealth cars to fill the coffers

Really? 10 over? I know cops dont bite you for 10 over....your better off paying attention to your surroundings than watching the speedo like a hawk, and worrying about 5 or 10 over.

I agree, and thought the same. I frequently cruise around 5-10 over myself. But this cop in particular has a reputation in the area for being a ______. I'll let you fill in the blank. Figured I'd share my story since the OP pointed him out lol

It's Halton Police with the unmarked black dodge Rams, they are also using unmarked Ford Expeditions not just Explorers.

OPP likes using unmarked Tahoes

the unmarked are easy to spot, commercial looking, steel wheels, usually monochrome paint, lack of chrome.

its the civilian unmarked that are extremely tough to spot. Hamilton Police and OPP use Tahoes with various chrome trim pieces, alloy wheels, tinted glass, and very well hidden lighting. Very very hard to spot.

the unmarked are easy to spot, commercial looking, steel wheels, usually monochrome paint, lack of chrome.

its the civilian unmarked that are extremely tough to spot. Hamilton Police and OPP use Tahoes with various chrome trim pieces, alloy wheels, tinted glass, and very well hidden lighting. Very very hard to spot.

Sounds like the very common mennonite Crown Vic out here in Waterloo.They take a brand new car and paint all the chrome flat black with a brush and can of tremclad.

Unmarked cruisers are NOT just used for traffic enforcement, although often because the vehicle is unmarked people often do stupid stuff they would never do in front of a marked cruiser, therefore, the car gets pulled over. That is just a by product not traffic enforcement, (IE a dedicated traffic officer). Also can't tell you how many people I caught doing crap, (non traffic related), they would never pull had I been in a marked unit.

Easy busts for a copper is to sit in an unmarked unit in a plaza parking lot, get drug deals, dangerous traffic offences, etc etc etc. without hardly ever moving the unit...lol

PS if your seeing that same Dodge Ram from 9 - 9 daily then there are whole lot more than ONE officer operating it...lol If your seeing that vehicle with someone pulled over "all the time", then obviously there is a need for increased enforcement in that area. and as someone earlier eluded, the fools aren't getting the message. I expect you will see the vehicle swapped out with something else soon enough.

Has anyone here noticed a dramatic increase in unmarked police vehicles? I live in Burlington and I swear that 50% of the Police on the road these days are in unmarked vehicles, mostly Ford Explorers. It really grinds my gears. Cops should be visible to the public as they are to serve and PROTECT...but these days all they seem to want to do it be sneaky little bast**ds busting ppl for road violations (not really much more for them to to in Burly tbh). There is a full time 2015 black unmarked Dodge Ram that patrols the Appleby and Dundas intersection in Burlington. 25% of the time I go through the intersection (between hours of 9am-9pm) I see someone pulled over by the same ding dong with his 5 million LED cherries on. I know it's probably not a big deal to the majority of people, because if you obey all traffic laws, it doesn't really matter....but I can't stand it.
What are your opinions? Am I alone here on this one?
If you see that ram there alot, and most of the time with somebody pulled over, avoid the intersection, but definitely brake for yellow and be ready for early red. Burlington is known to have adusted light timings to make some yellow lights much shorter than normal. They usually do it with stop light cameras though, I know for sure of one on Brant.

As for unmarked, in Burlington I've seen many different sneaky ****s. From a silver Volvo S70 wagon, to a blue dodge work van completing the look with ladders on the roof. Completely incognito until they light somebody up. I don't agree with it.

I agree, and thought the same. I frequently cruise around 5-10 over myself. But this cop in particular has a reputation in the area for being a ______. I'll let you fill in the blank. Figured I'd share my story since the OP pointed him out lol
Wow, I generally follow the 20% rule. ie 60 in 50, 120 in 100, etc. Never had a problem, I've only ever been pulled over in the 30-40% range. Mind you my cage is a black pick-up and blends in well. Probably a different rule-set on a more noticeable vehicle.

There are a few known fishing holes where police hand out a ticket for any infraction. Two that come to mind are a tiny settlement north of Delhi and Freelton south of guelph. The one north of Delhi even tickets locals for <5 over.

I have heard that in Welland the NRP have an unmarked truck that looks like a work truck with a cap on the back. Who would guess.
It is pretty funny when you are on the highway and suddenly everyone is going like 105 in all lanes and then you see the OPP cruiser
in one of the lanes and no one will pass him. lol.

There are a few known fishing holes where police hand out a ticket for any infraction. Two that come to mind are a tiny settlement north of Delhi and Freelton south of guelph. The one north of Delhi even tickets locals for <5 over.
. I have a bike that was built in Delhi in 1970.

The Dodge Ram in Halton was an eye opener for me (not personally pulled over). Also saw a grey caravan pull someone in Oakville over. I liked the good ol days when you could spot an undercover a mile away.

Back
Top Bottom