Unmarked Police Vehicles | GTAMotorcycle.com

Unmarked Police Vehicles

arogal

Has anyone here noticed a dramatic increase in unmarked police vehicles? I live in Burlington and I swear that 50% of the Police on the road these days are in unmarked vehicles, mostly Ford Explorers. It really grinds my gears. Cops should be visible to the public as they are to serve and PROTECT...but these days all they seem to want to do it be sneaky little bast**ds busting ppl for road violations (not really much more for them to to in Burly tbh). There is a full time 2015 black unmarked Dodge Ram that patrols the Appleby and Dundas intersection in Burlington. 25% of the time I go through the intersection (between hours of 9am-9pm) I see someone pulled over by the same ding dong with his 5 million LED cherries on. I know it's probably not a big deal to the majority of people, because if you obey all traffic laws, it doesn't really matter....but I can't stand it.
What are your opinions? Am I alone here on this one?

Like my answer or not, more people are killed in traffic fatalities than in any other criminal offence in Canada. I’d say road safety and education is a big part of preventing this.

Last edited:
if theyre sneaking around to nail distracted drivers more power to them

European vs North American approach to traffic enforcement. Proactive vs Reactive.

If vehicles were brightly coloured and visible from the moon people would behave themselves and there would be less revenue collection.

Also on mainway I've seen both marked and unmarked cars.

By the way OP, I live in that area. What do you ride? Maybe we've seen each other. Black/white gladius

Seen one just yesterday, dark grey Dodge, recognized it as a police vehicle by the illegal U-turn, failure to signal, excessive acceleration and aggressive tailgating.

European vs North American approach to traffic enforcement. Proactive vs Reactive.

If vehicles were brightly coloured and visible from the moon people would behave themselves and there would be less revenue collection.

They have lots of unmarked cop cars in Europe also lots of hidden photo radars.

It would be nice if they also went after sloppy turns, rolling stops, bicycle idiots, jay walkers etc. Some people have crashes, others just cause them.

unmarked cars are for revenue generation
they serve no other purpose
police are supposed to be a visible deterrent

They have lots of unmarked cop cars in Europe also lots of hidden photo radars.

The photo radar sites I encountered were well documented.

Signs stating there is a photo radar zone ahead
My GPS warned me of a photo radar zone ahead
The cameras themselves are mounted on posts in plain sight

It's a very different attitude.

The only way that makes sense is if you think laws are for revenue generation, they serve no other purpose. Because cops can only enforce the law.

Its really quite simple, the telltale signs are: the unmarked vehicles are always american made. They are usually black, white, or dark grey. I think they get special tints colors because I don't see those on regular road vehicles.

I’d rather unmarked vehicle over cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only way that makes sense is if you think laws are for revenue generation, they serve no other purpose. Because cops can only enforce the law.

Laws also serve political purposes. People complain traffic is going too fast, politicians lower the speed limit to appease the complainers. People still continue to drive at a comfortable pace for the conditions, but now start getting nailed for higher speeding because the politicians ask the cops to do a blitz. If the cops continue to make enough money, they continue to work the fishing hole. If they don't, it fades away, people continue to drive as per the conditions, and the neighbour complaint cycle starts all over again.

I agree with you. 50km speed limited are brutal when you are riding down Lakeshore. I usually ride 70 or so (as does everyone else).....but every damn Ford Explorer I see I think is a unmarked po-po.
Also on mainway I've seen both marked and unmarked cars.

By the way OP, I live in that area. What do you ride? Maybe we've seen each other. Black/white gladius
Ride a 2009 zx6r monster edition. PM me and lets ride, don't know many ppl in the Burly area...usually meet up elseware

The photo radar sites I encountered were well documented.

Signs stating there is a photo radar zone ahead
My GPS warned me of a photo radar zone ahead
The cameras themselves are mounted on posts in plain sight

It's a very different attitude.

Those are static/permanent ones usually in urban areas. There is nothing like this around here. People would yell and scream if we had those around here.
There are still plenty mobile photo radars in cop cars around in Europe.

Last edited:
Laws also serve political purposes. People complain traffic is going too fast, politicians lower the speed limit to appease the complainers. People still continue to drive at a comfortable pace for the conditions, but now start getting nailed for higher speeding because the politicians ask the cops to do a blitz. If the cops continue to make enough money, they continue to work the fishing hole. If they don't, it fades away, people continue to drive as per the conditions, and the neighbour complaint cycle starts all over again.
Sure, some laws are just there to pander to the electorate, but most are legit. Just as some uses of unmarked cop cars are just for revenue generation, but most are legit.

Given all the videos people like to share here of drivers committing infractions and generally being turds on the roads, you'd think there'd be more support for unmarked cruisers to catch those very same infractions and penalise those who commit them.

thing is just because there are unmarked cops, doesn't mean they are for traffic violations

Maybe they are undercover, to catch drug dealers? More to law enforcement than just traffic

Those are static/permanent ones usually in urban areas. There is nothing like this around here. People would yell and scream if we had those around here.
There are still plenty mobile photo radars in cop cars around in Europe.

They have mobile ones in Alberta. If you see a white cube van pulled off the side of the highway.......

Radar detectors are also legal there too so, they're just a bit annoying with all the beeping they do.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom