Unmarked Police Vehicles | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Unmarked Police Vehicles

that was an awesome video. At 3:30 that's the guy that's the truck nice to see he made things happen nice find. I thought the car was going to get his door kicked in at least that's what I would have done if he interacted with me in the negative way after pulling a stunt like that but then the cop shows up so I'd have been in big trouble too

If they wanna follow the European way then better start with syncing the traffic lights,so we dont have to speed trying to beat every single one of them
Maybe then use the system from Europe

Speaking of the black ram, instant karma

https://youtu.be/rHkSz5Dx1nM @ 3:30 (sorry can't time stamp on iPhone)

i love this, did not know halton hills had undercover black rams.
i don't know if i'd be as calm as that guy was though, least i would do would be to pass them back in the same lane and block.
wonder how the popo would react to that.

If they wanna follow the European way then better start with syncing the traffic lights,so we dont have to speed trying to beat every single one of them
Maybe then use the system from Europe
Synch traffic lights....replace 4 way stops with roundabouts...keep traffic flowing instead of stop and go all the time :mad:

Interesting how many were saying the officer that operates the Ram was such an ahole, for nailing people. All I saw in the video was an officer who did his job the way it is supposed to be done. Not sure if that cager would have pulled that crap had it been a marked patrol unit sitting there. So, obviously, that Dodge Ram, whilst not a deterrent is certainly an effective tool. The rider seemed truly appreciative, and although we didn't see, looks like there was likely a further positive interaction with the officer after the cager had been tagged. Good on the officer for asking the rider if he had video, and said email him the video.

Interesting how many were saying the officer that operates the Ram was such an ahole, for nailing people. All I saw in the video was an officer who did his job the way it is supposed to be done. Not sure if that cager would have pulled that crap had it been a marked patrol unit sitting there. So, obviously, that Dodge Ram, whilst not a deterrent is certainly an effective tool. The rider seemed truly appreciative, and although we didn't see, looks like there was likely a further positive interaction with the officer after the cager had been tagged. Good on the officer for asking the rider if he had video, and said email him the video.

I've had a few interactions over the years with LEOs, some very positive and some less so. I've never understood saying a cop is an a**hole just because they are doing their job. If they are doing their job AND being an a**hole about it, they are and a**hole.

Yup, glad to see this officer going after something other than speeding in this situation. Hope he is successful at trail. I'm sure the rider's video will help, but will probably need the rider to testify to authenticate, etc.

Hard to say which is the better deterrent, 1 guy doing something stupid, getting caught and the officer spending an hour dealing with it, or a marked cruiser driving around causing a number of people to think twice. Hard to prove what could have, but didn't happen.

I'm curious as to where you see people saying that the officer was an a*hole.... Aside from the OP and revenue generation bit, I don't see "how many were saying that the officer that operates the Ram was such an ahole".

Perhaps being an ex-cop, you think that all civilians think cops are a-holes?

I'm curious as to where you see people saying that the officer was an a*hole.... Aside from the OP and revenue generation bit, I don't see "how many were saying that the officer that operates the Ram was such an ahole".

Perhaps being an ex-cop, you think that all civilians think cops are a-holes?
The cop that pulled me over was not an a**hole, he was quite understanding and pleasant. on the flip flop, the exact cop that pulled me over in the RAM was 100% a a**hole for what he did to my friend. My buddy was going about 20km over the limit and the cop followed him the whole way back to his house without putting on the cherries. It was about 12:30am on a Saturday and he waited till my buddy to pull into his driveway and threw on the cherries. People were turning on their lights inside to see what was going on, pretty embarrassing. I really don't think that was a nice thing for the cop to do....wait until buddies bike is in driveway, then throws on cherries and makes a scene in the hood, all for going 20km over the limit. If he did that to me, I definitely would not be nice back to him.
Cops in Halton seem to be very cooperative most of the time if you give them respect (which I do), but this situation above if pretty sh**ty.
I just wish that they patrolled the streets like they used to do, in visible marked vehicles. If my friend saw a marked cop vehicle following him closely for 15 minutes at midnight, he would have pulled over even if the lights weren't thrown on. This new era of unmarked vehicles annoys the heck out of me. Almost makes me want to get a Grey Ford Explorer and throw on some black steelies. It would be amusing to see how almost every person on the road would slam the brakes to slow down and get paranoid 24/7.

Last edited:
The cop that pulled me over was not an a**hole, he was quite understanding and pleasant. on the flip flop, the exact cop that pulled me over in the RAM was 100% a a**hole for what he did to my friend. My buddy was going about 20km over the limit and the cop followed him the whole way back to his house without putting on the cherries. It was about 12:30am on a Saturday and he waited till my buddy to pull into his driveway and threw on the cherries. People were turning on their lights inside to see what was going on, pretty embarrassing. I really don't think that was a nice thing for the cop to do....wait until buddies bike is in driveway, then throws on cherries and makes a scene in the hood, all for going 20km over the limit. If he did that to me, I definitely would not be nice back to him.
Cops in Halton seem to be very cooperative most of the time if you give them respect (which I do), but this situation above if pretty sh**ty.
I just wish that they patrolled the streets like they used to do, in visible marked vehicles. If my friend saw a marked cop vehicle following him closely for 15 minutes at midnight, he would have pulled over even if the lights weren't thrown on. This new era of unmarked vehicles annoys the heck out of me. Almost makes me want to get a Grey Ford Explorer and throw on some black steelies. It would be amusing to see how almost every person on the road would slam the brakes to slow down and get paranoid 24/7.

I am going to guess that the cop didn't want to chance your friend running if he lit him up beforehand. Waiting for him to pull in the driveway was much safer for all.

I just saw a white cargo van, complete with roof rack in Brampton on Hurontario, right beside the court house. Had someone pulled over. Nice set of lights installed on it.

Hind sight is 20/20, but if I spotted an unidentified car following me like that I would:
- not lead them to my home and let them know where I live;
- call 911 on my Sena, report the following vehicle and claim that I fear for my safety
- look to find a busy place to stop so that I have witnesses if the follower turns threatening. Although depending on his neighbourhood, finding something busy with people outside at midnight might not be the easiest thing to do.

That video was awesome, and the cop seemed to be a great guy based on the limited video evidence. Good on you "undercover RAM cop" dude!!! How often do we b*tch about cagers when they squeeze into our lanes, finally we see video evidence police do something about it!! Very ironic it happened to show a LEO that some were complaining about being unfair to bikers!!

Last edited:
Has anyone here noticed a dramatic increase in unmarked police vehicles? I live in Burlington and I swear that 50% of the Police on the road these days are in unmarked vehicles, mostly Ford Explorers. It really grinds my gears. Cops should be visible to the public as they are to serve and PROTECT...but these days all they seem to want to do it be sneaky little bast**ds busting ppl for road violations (not really much more for them to to in Burly tbh). There is a full time 2015 black unmarked Dodge Ram that patrols the Appleby and Dundas intersection in Burlington. 25% of the time I go through the intersection (between hours of 9am-9pm) I see someone pulled over by the same ding dong with his 5 million LED cherries on. I know it's probably not a big deal to the majority of people, because if you obey all traffic laws, it doesn't really matter....but I can't stand it.
What are your opinions? Am I alone here on this one?

ur not alone brother - they're pissing me off as well...should be pursuing REAL criminals, instead of poor hardworking folk...but i guess that would require too much effort and risk

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

ur not alone brother - they're pissing me off as well...should be pursuing REAL criminals, instead of poor hardworking folk...but i guess that would require too much effort and risk

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

government allows - encourages this type of policing
more revenue from tickets = expanding police budget = more officers

municipal forces seem to be more reasonable, they also live in the community
OPP on the other hand is an army of occupation

Its really quite simple, the telltale signs are: the unmarked vehicles are always american made. They are usually black, white, or dark grey. I think they get special tints colors because I don't see those on regular road vehicles.

nope...saw one ..mitsubishi Lancer

Back
Top Bottom