BMW Detailed | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW Detailed

That's my first thought too, but many people live in a different world. I was talking with a detailer in Concord who gets much of his business from developers in the area. For him to go through a fancy car to the standard he likes is $800+ (he does do really good work). Many of his clients are having him do each of their fancy cars monthly with their daily driver done weekly.

I'm in the wrong business...

Damn that is one nice looking bike you got there fella! I've heard about that service before, but never knew anyone that have had it done. Sounds very interesting. Let us know how the bugs wipe off the bike now!

That is an absolutely staggering cost... like astronomical. Maybe it's for showroom quality ultra rare cars that are never driven... I can't imagine someone paying $2k to detail a regular road car...

Most of the cars done are 100 thousand and up, so 2 grand is not so much

Even the guys in the 50-90 thousand dollar range get their cars done

That's my first thought too, but many people live in a different world. I was talking with a detailer in Concord who gets much of his business from developers in the area. For him to go through a fancy car to the standard he likes is $800+ (he does do really good work). Many of his clients are having him do each of their fancy cars monthly with their daily driver done weekly.

Yup there are people that are on a different playing field, than some of us.

Damn that is one nice looking bike you got there fella! I've heard about that service before, but never knew anyone that have had it done. Sounds very interesting. Let us know how the bugs wipe off the bike now!

Thanks

I will do a follow up after the bike gets dirty....

And if anyone is interested, to do just the rims,have them off the bike, it’s 200 bucks, cash....

Last edited:
And if anyone is interested, to do just the rims,have them off the bike, it’s 200 bucks, cash.....
So if we were to do the rims would the sh*t literally just wipe off with a damp cloth and look squeaky clean? That's would be pretty darn helpful for ppl with white or neon coloured rims.

That is an absolutely staggering cost... like astronomical. Maybe it's for showroom quality ultra rare cars that are never driven... I can't imagine someone paying $2k to detail a regular road car...

So you can't afford this? Actually, you're already indirectly paying for a portion of this as I'm pretty sure a significant percentage of these types of expenses get pushed through corporate accounts of business owners as a tax deductible expense. While the value of vehicles and annual lease expense and/or CCA is capped this type of variable operating expense would very likely qualify as a valid CRA deduction, minus of course the portion for personal use vs. corporate. This is one of the perks business owners enjoy and, ultimately, we all pay higher taxes or have a larger deficit as a result of this.

I suspect, but can't prove, that the percentage of people who actually pay for this type of service out of pocket is probably relatively small but hey, I could be wrong.

So you can't afford this? Actually, you're already indirectly paying for a portion of this as I'm pretty sure a significant percentage of these types of expenses get pushed through corporate accounts of business owners as a tax deductible expense. While the value of vehicles and annual lease expense and/or CCA is capped this type of variable operating expense would very likely qualify as a valid CRA deduction, minus of course the portion for personal use vs. corporate. This is one of the perks business owners enjoy and, ultimately, we all pay higher taxes or have a larger deficit as a result of this.

I suspect, but can't prove, that the percentage of people who actually pay for this type of service out of pocket is probably relatively small but hey, I could be wrong.

I don't have my own business so in my case I can't deduct it off my taxable income. My car is prob worth less than 15k, so while I'm sure the Ceramic Pro coat is bomb, doesn't make a lot of financial sense for me to do it. OP's right tho, if I was spending 100k on a car, this seems like it would be a good idea.

I wonder if this would work for my chrome spoked rims?

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

So if we were to do the rims would the sh*t literally just wipe off with a damp cloth and look squeaky clean? That's would be pretty darn helpful for ppl with white or neon coloured rims.

Literally yes.....

If the rim gets wet and the brake dust builds up and left to dry then it will require a bit of work.

If the rim is dry and it’s just brake dust that has settled on the rim, then using a pressure washer and or possibly just the garden hose on jet stream, it should literally just wash away.

I have yet to see my son do more than that with the rims on the car.

I wonder if this would work for my chrome spoked rims?

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

I don’t see why it wouldn’t, each spoke would be coated, so it would be protected.

Nice thread.

My buddy just had his z06 and f150 done for $500 each us. He is also having both his mustangs done as well. I am in the process of looking for interest in my area of windsor for guys wanting the same thing. The cost is 400 1-3 bikes 300 4-6 bikes. I know the up front cost seems really high but you gotta think about how much time effort and money you spend in 3-5 years of riding your bike and cleaning it. Also cleaning is done basically with detailer or plexus or what not instead of actually washing it with water which means less time re lubing your chain...

Nice thread.

My buddy just had his z06 and f150 done for $500 each us. He is also having both his mustangs done as well. I am in the process of looking for interest in my area of windsor for guys wanting the same thing. The cost is 400 1-3 bikes 300 4-6 bikes. I know the up front cost seems really high but you gotta think about how much time effort and money you spend in 3-5 years of riding your bike and cleaning it. Also cleaning is done basically with detailer or plexus or what not instead of actually washing it with water which means less time re lubing your chain...

That is way way cheaper than the service Gatekeeper got done. Are they using cheaper product or less hours? It is hard to imagine that the treatments are exactly the same given the price disparity. If they are the same, it's worth riding to windsor and getting a hotel room as you would still be ahead by more than $1000.

By reading the post sounds like the same exact process. It's a pro company not little Billy with a couple microfiber towels. I'm sure different products are used like Chevy vs Ford who really knows which is the better one. They are called Alex car care based in michigan but travel...

One thing I dont get in this post is only being for rich guys with super cars. The cars I've seen getting it are peoples daily drivers normal trucks cars bikes boats rvs and what not...

What's the waste? Have you seen most guys garages and all the different cans tubes bags boxes of cleaning supplies? How bout all the time spent detailing your own ride or going to the car wash or paying someone to have it done only to do it again a few more times during the year. To me this only seems like it's actually saving you money over the long run.

I used to buy a lot of cheap things from walmart or Canadian tire only to have to keep rebuying the same crap. However once I started spending the up front cost for quality I saved money long term...

All good though I think guys who put rims and tires or stereo systems ect. on their cars and truck are wasting money too cause the car or truck comes with them stock. Thing is it's not my money so it's not that big a deal lol...

I detail my car myself every summer (inside and outside). Bought quality supplies last year for $70. Two seasons in, there's still enough left for at least two more detail jobs.

The only thing it's now costing me is my time.

I think the part most guys are not seeing is that, the car, bike, is completely detailed, any paint correction is done, so that there is as close to zero flaws, once this is completed, the Ceramic Coating is applied, this now protects this near perfect finish for a long time, the more applied the longer it lasts.

It's a shield between itself and the finished paint, clear coat that is underneath, and does not allow the day to day elements to mess up this finish, it will stop most minor scratched caused by wash mitts, or even just using a micro fiber cloth, it will prevent those swirl marks to appear, as it is stronger than the clear coat on the vehicle.

Will the vehicle get dirty, sure it will, but the cleaning is much easier, the brake dust does not stick, so more hard scrubbing, using a brush or mitt, the water beads off the vehicle and so on....

It now takes me probably about 30 minutes to do the bike, I soap it down, let the soap wash away the grime, any stubborn areas I will use a wash mitt to just lift the stuff that is stuck on, then it's a rinse with clean water, then a leaf blower to dry the bike off as much as possible, and finally a mix of alcohol/water (50/50) spray that on all areas, and wipe off with a micro fiber cloth, DONE....

If the bike is just dusty, from day to day riding, I don't even need the soap, just use the power washer to wash off the dust, leaf blower to dry, and the 50/50 solution to spot clean, and or wipe down the entire bike so there are no water spots at all.

This to me is the reason behind the Ceramic Coating.....

Yeah but guys bought some turtle wax for $20 and spent couple hours on their bike so it's good to go for a few years right? Lol

Yeah but guys bought some turtle wax for $20 and spent couple hours on their bike so it's good to go for a few years right? Lol
You've already made up your mind. Not sure what you're looking for here.

Someone needs to keep these guys in business, it's all good.

I'm not looking for anything really...well winning lotto ticket would be nice.

Support local is what I always say...

Btw the last comment was not directed at you it was just a general statement. You just happened to be the post above it.

Right now I use detailer to clean my bike cause I did a full detail at the beginning of the season. It looks great but being an 8 year old bike the paint could use a full correction due to minor scratches and swirl marks like 99% of bikes I see lol...

Back
Top Bottom