What under layers do you wear? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What under layers do you wear?

Seems like just capris now.
...that sucks.

Marks also has decently priced base layer.
I wear the t-max heat gear in winter.

I prefer the 3/4 stuff actually, that way you're not over lapping with longer socks. :)

I don't always go with a thong. On colder days I prefer going with a white one piece Teddy with padding.
Ok, now THAT is hot!

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

DRSKIN Men's Compression Dry Cool Sports Tights Pants Baselayer Running Leggings ( they fit on the small size )

Hanes Men's Long Sleeve Cool DRI T-Shirt UPF 50-Plus - really nice- I buy oversize so I can put another layer underneath. They are true to size.

I wear them around the house...loose and comfortable

Makes sense as I'm sure the technology is the same. The only diffs would be quality construction and fit I guess.

These ones on Amazon are pretty cheap...

Clice one piece spandex
... is very cool and it doesn't stink real bad when it gets all sweaty.
under that? :/ boxer shorts, just incase my butt seam rips open.

Under Armor heat gear, compression stuff, pants and long sleeve in the mid temps (8 - 25 deg).
Under Armor cold gear for colder.

Mesh gear, and moisture-wicking UA t-shirt in hotter weather...

These are my go-tos. I just adjust my mid and outer layers based on riding conditions.

Gonna go with UA hear gear stuff as it's on sale right now. Socks leggings and shirts. Gotta get a quote from work too cause we sell UA so maybe even cheaper lol...

Under Armor heat gear, compression stuff, pants and long sleeve in the mid temps (8 - 25 deg).
Under Armor cold gear for colder.

Mesh gear, and moisture-wicking UA t-shirt in hotter weather...

These are my go-tos. I just adjust my mid and outer layers based on riding conditions.
Ya the heat gear is good stuff. It works extremely well. My favorite part about it is when you take off your gear (leathers specifically). Take off your gear near an AC vent and it feels like you are doing the freakin Nestea PLUNGE!

Gonna go with UA hear gear stuff as it's on sale right now. Socks leggings and shirts. Gotta get a quote from work too cause we sell UA so maybe even cheaper lol...
Where are the socks on sale? I have never bothered getting them cause they are $30 for 3 pairs (can't find them in single pairs) and that's just a bit excessive as the pants and shirts are just a couple bucks more.

Sorry don't know about the socks I was talking specifically about the shirts and leggings at sprotchek. Last time I was there they had yellow or orange stickers on them. Also the running factory has stuff 50% off right now but they would habe to habe size color and style you want...

I used to just use Under Armour or whatever spandexy stuff I found on sale and it helped with getting in and out of my suit and the feeling of sweat dribbling down everywhere.

I switched to motorcycle specific VNM sport gear a few years ago and it is quite a difference. The most awesome part is how much it cools you down when there's even a slight breeze. If you spray some water on it, even colder. I also like how there's a silicon strip on the bottom of the shirt to keep it from rolling up and it's go a bit of a collar to save from where the jacket/suit would rub your neck

Wow that stuffs expensive...

I bought 1 ss shirt 1 full leggings and sock last night and am wearing them at work today in 90* heat with crazy humidity. I hump around mats and paper products and uniforms all day so they will be put to the test for sure lol.

I'll let you know how they work for me.

Wow that stuffs expensive...

I bought 1 ss shirt 1 full leggings and sock last night and am wearing them at work today in 90* heat with crazy humidity. I hump around mats and paper products and uniforms all day so they will be put to the test for sure lol.

I'll let you know how they work for me.

Name brand like UA always is.Sportchek usually has the Nike version on sale.

Costco sells Merino wool thermal undershirts for less than what Merino wool should cost! I have a couple of them. They're thin and light but they work.

I wear Under Armour thermal pants. They come in 4 levels; I wear UA2. UA4 will take you to the top of Everest!

I used to just use Under Armour or whatever spandexy stuff I found on sale and it helped with getting in and out of my suit and the feeling of sweat dribbling down everywhere.

I switched to motorcycle specific VNM sport gear a few years ago and it is quite a difference. The most awesome part is how much it cools you down when there's even a slight breeze. If you spray some water on it, even colder. I also like how there's a silicon strip on the bottom of the shirt to keep it from rolling up and it's go a bit of a collar to save from where the jacket/suit would rub your neck

Nothing is even close to VNM Sport Gear that I've found for cooling. Amazing stuff. I've had mine for several years now and still in great shape. Hand wash and rinse after Practice, hang dry in no time, ready to go for Heats and Mains.

I really like vnm gear but for the price there are other alternatives.

I can't wear mine anymore cuz I got fat
Nothing is even close to VNM Sport Gear that I've found for cooling. Amazing stuff. I've had mine for several years now and still in great shape. Hand wash and rinse after Practice, hang dry in no time, ready to go for Heats and Mains.

So did my day at work in 90*+ with super sticky humidity. I was in and out up and down stairs carrying hundreds of pounds of stuff all day long. At the end of the day my uniform was bone dry from my head to my toes. I would say I felt cooler and never felt any sweat outside of my forehead or my forearms. However I didn't feel like the gear itself was actively cooling me if that makes any sense.

With that being said I am definitely buying more of this gear as it was amazing...

Back
Top Bottom