Mind the soft pavement where you park. Doesn't take long | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mind the soft pavement where you park. Doesn't take long

Go to home depot and get a metal 4" round electrical cover plate. Drill a hole in it. Go to dollar store and get a lanyard with clips on ends. Attach one end to plate. When you park put plate on ground hook other end on to handle bar. When you leave just straighten up bike and pull up plate. Wont forget it and easy to recover it without bending down to pick it up.
Spoken like a true Phat Bastard! I avoid bending at all costs!

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Go to home depot and get a metal 4" round electrical cover plate. Drill a hole in it. Go to dollar store and get a lanyard with clips on ends. Attach one end to plate. When you park put plate on ground hook other end on to handle bar. When you leave just straighten up bike and pull up plate. Wont forget it and easy to recover it without bending down to pick it up.

Haha. I just drop my side stand and walk away. My time is worth more to me then running around making up jigs and do hickies. Zip ties , bungie cords and duck taping things. Its $68. Really?

Haha. I just drop my side stand and walk away. My time is worth more to me then running around making up jigs and do hickies. Zip ties , bungie cords and duck taping things. Its $68. Really?

exactly. THe CBF is very compact - has to fit within the clearance.

Shane the odds of me finding a used big foot for the CBF are zilch ...there just aren't enough around......can't even find a third party seat. :(

Cutest solution

Kickstand-Kritters-squirrel_zpsf89b2b82.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm mine cost less than 3.00. Had you in mind Joe, bending is for freaks.
Had a work acquaintance drop by my house one very sunny hot afternoon. After knocking on my door and realizing I was not home he left. My week old driveway had a hole in it that his kickstand left behind. How did I know it was him, he was stupid enough to tell me the next day. So if you are going to let it sink have the common sense to make sure it is not someones driveway.

Homemade for my Tiger. Crude but effective.
6fc560e55b27c491cbf979ef0be63c72.jpg

via Tapatalk

Luckily most cruisers come with a big foot already :cool:

amazon has about 30 pages of those metal bolt on sidestand feet
almost all of them < $20

Center stand and let it sink. She's not going anywhere! :cool:

TEAM CENTRESTAND FTW.

That was my one treat i permitted myself on the bike.

Gives me no excuse to do my chain oiling lol

center stand is great, I use mine all the time
maybe you guys are more coordinated than me
but I've yet to figure out a method to get it set while on the bike :)

I think I've successfully done it once on my bike, it's tough. I usually get off on the left side, hold the front brake and compress the forks, then pull back and stand on the center stand.

It's sketchy, but it is easier if you are parking up a hill. It makes it much easier. I don't do it often though, if you don't make it onto the stand, chances are high that you drop the bike.

Back
Top Bottom