Mind the soft pavement where you park. Doesn't take long | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mind the soft pavement where you park. Doesn't take long

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Was back from a ride to Hockley for about half hour and went to put the bike away and kickstand was about a 1/2" sunk into the driveway.

That got me last year in Ohio on a hot day ....bike was over with the stand buried.

Warm enough out now to have a care.

Was back from a ride to Hockley for about half hour and went to put the bike away and kickstand was about a 1/2" sunk into the driveway.

That got me last year in Ohio on a hot day ....bike was over with the stand buried.

Warm enough out now to have a care.

Good advise. Thanks for the reminder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FJRs are brutal for sinking and falling.

It easy to stop tipping. All you need is a 3" circle of anything that keeps the sun off the asphalt. I keep a handful of beer mats (bar coasters) in my bike, they work like a charm -- just center one under the kickstand foot and you'll never sink.

If you're in a pinch, a business card will work fine - I've done this several times, other bikes went over -- not mine.

I travel with a coaster in my pocket that I throw down before using the kickstand. The current one that I have used for years is a plastic honda one that they gave out at a demo day. It's about 3"x3" which is large enough for safe use on almost any surface.

Frozen OJ lid. One in the left pocket of each of my jackets, just in case.

First thing I add on to a new bike. No more trying to find something to get under the stand or positioning a pick properly. Attach it and you are done.

Same here. Don’t know why bikes don’t come standard with them. Also works on soft ground/sand. Pretty sure you can find one for most bikes on eBay.

The Vstrom had a big foot so never thought about it....CBF doesn't and I still never think about it - fortunately since I'm carrying camera gear I tend to find shade.
See if I can find something so I can continue to forget about it :rolleyes:

Grabbed the last R&G racing foot for CBF1000 in stock....thanks for tip.

Last edited:
Frozen OJ lid. One in the left pocket of each of my jackets, just in case.

I've actually thought about doing something similar with a little magnet on it. That way you can just stick it somewhere on your bike :D

I just picked up an Ebay Aluminum stand plate (Enlarger, or one of the R&G Things) for $14 with shipping. It's a solid chunk of aluminum and 3 screws. Works fine, just had to shave a few CM below because of the center stand I have installed. When others sell these for $60+ is beyond me, it's going to get scuffed, dirty, and hardly seen.

Holy crap that's expensive!! Especially since you can use anything like a small coaster from your living room for free, or dollarama! WOW! B@ller!

Had reward points. Cost me nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to amuse yourself look up cameltoe sidestand plates careful with your google search though.

Any of the cheapies on eBay should work just fine though.

Go to home depot and get a metal 4" round electrical cover plate. Drill a hole in it. Go to dollar store and get a lanyard with clips on ends. Attach one end to plate. When you park put plate on ground hook other end on to handle bar. When you leave just straighten up bike and pull up plate. Wont forget it and easy to recover it without bending down to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by amp3d View Post
Holy crap that's expensive!! Especially since you can use anything like a small coaster from your living room for free, or dollarama! WOW! B@ller!

doesn't quite comprehend ....

"so I don't have to think about it" :rolleyes:

Hell you can bungee an old suitcase on your bike for touring
4+2014-02-05+07.08.53.jpg

or cough up for luggage. I'd rather have a piece of gear designed specifically for my ride,

pks0030si_b_web.jpg

If you are concerned about $68 why ever are you riding a motorcycle at all? Not exactly a sport for penny pinchers .....tho I'm a fan of kiji for lots of things,

Last edited:

WHAT? I thought that was a joke type thing.Like the ones you see in the goofy Aerostitch catalog.Definitely for the more money than brains club.

To support the riders with the expensive footprint, bolt on goodie. I find it useful also when pulling over on the side of the road, gravel makes holes thus rendering the small slim sidestands useless.
Why am I pulling over and risking the stony gravel/sand? Fellow riders who have pulled over and the helmet is on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom