Water Softeners... Best One Out There? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Water Softeners... Best One Out There?

Zoodles95

Site Supporter
Not the most exciting idea for a thread I realize...

I am pretty sure that our 18 year old Ecowater Water Softener is in need of replacement. We had it repaired a few years ago and I do not think it makes sense to spend possibly hundreds of dollars to repair it again considering the age of the unit.

In another thread I documented that we have been having some weird drain issues and at least part of the problem relates back to our water softener. I think the bypass is a big messed up and I theorize that it is pulling water in and maybe pushing it into the drain that our furnace and AC unit discharge into). I think the bypass was somehow pulling hot water from the hot water heater and pushing it into this drain which is probably not designed to take that volume of water.

The solution may well be a new water softener and then possibly a plumbing service or me snaking the drain myself.

Okay so very long winded...

Any newer technology with water treatment in the past better part of two decades I should know about? Guelph has so-so water quality to say the least and the water is very hard. There is a Culligan rep who lives one street away from us and there is one of those The Water Stores here in Guelph who sell water softeners and other water solutions.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Costco or tsc on sale 500 will buy a decent softner easy to install.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I had one installed 3 months ago. I haggled with the owner of a water store for a cash deal, with install.
From the little I know, a unit with a Fleck valve is the way to go.....and determine your ideal size.

You guys make it sound like it's no different from buying an extension cord. You plug one end into the feed, the other end to the output, and there's your soft water.

From the brief research I did, there are a lot more variables depending on the exact problem with the water, how much maintenance you're willing to put in, and what output you're willing to live with.

Is there one water softening solution that's predominant over any other?

You guys make it sound like it's no different from buying an extension cord. You plug one end into the feed, the other end to the output, and there's your soft water.

From the brief research I did, there are a lot more variables depending on the exact problem with the water, how much maintenance you're willing to put in, and what output you're willing to live with.

Is there one water softening solution that's predominant over any other?
Miat are the same you want demand based not time and add salt when it is low. The only trick is knowing your actual hardness level and entering that in the softner at set up. But yes super basic hard water goes in soft comes out especially on city water where you do not have any other issues but hardness.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom