Plasti dipping wheels on a blue bike, what color? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Plasti dipping wheels on a blue bike, what color?

HonDerpa500r

I’d like to personalize my bike a little bit, and the blue reflective tape around the rim just isn’t doing it for me.
I was thinking about plasti-dipping my rims to see if I like the style and then potentially getting them powder coded if I do.

My bike is mainly blue with a bit of grey.
I was thinking orange, but they don’t carry orange plasti dip in doors, from what I can find.

I feel like if I dipped them blue, it would just overdo it with the blue.

Any recommendations that will go with blue?

Gold, bronze, red, or white.

White

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

I powder coated my wheels white. You should do the same. Go with white because white is the best.

The following photo is just an example of blue w/ white wheels. Not my bike. Not my photo.

Cool-Blue-Yamaha-R6-THUMBNAIL-5.jpg

Last edited:
I’d like to personalize my bike a little bit, and the blue reflective tape around the rim just isn’t doing it for me.
I was thinking about plasti-dipping my rims to see if I like the style and then potentially getting them powder coded if I do.

I was thinking orange, but they don’t carry orange plasti dip in doors, from what I can find.

I was going to say orange myself, my sled is blue with orange accents looks good.

I would say yellow or orange

Plastidip is garbage it will get chipped and look crappy very fast pop them off and powder coat them

No harm plasti dipping in a color or two to see how it looks before committing to a final color.

...but i would have them powdered, or painted for longer lasting, better quality results

Where do you guys recommend getting them powder coated? Would I have to remove the wheel from the rim myself?
Also, any idea of how much it costs? Because 2 cans of plasti dip is $60 so it might just be worth it to skip the process and just get them powder coated.

Rice Rocket in Brampton

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

There are a number of powdercoating threads already on here.
Give a quick search and you'll have tons of suggestions.

I've used these guys for two.sets of bike rims and a set of suv rims.

Www.flashfirecoatings.com

Call for a price but I think I paid 300-350 cash/set. This was 4 yrs ago though.

Yes, rubber and bearings were removed prior to me dropping off the rims

I used Colourfast to do car wheels a couple years back.
They came out very nice.
Quick turnaround.

I think I paid $500 cash to have 4 wheels coated and cleared.

Where do you guys recommend getting them powder coated? Would I have to remove the wheel from the rim myself?
Also, any idea of how much it costs? Because 2 cans of plasti dip is $60 so it might just be worth it to skip the process and just get them powder coated.

Removing tire is easy especially if you don’t need to worry about scratching them. Lol. You’d also have to remove sprockets and rotors

+1 to powder coating. Plasti dip if done by someone who is experienced looks decent at best. Do the job right and get them powder coated. I recommend taking the wheels off your bike and bring them to rice rocket. I have seen alot of his work and it is nothing but perfect. Id go with neon/high viz yellow, it would look awesome on the blue :D

Back
Top Bottom