What's a Sanctuary Province and how much does it cost? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's a Sanctuary Province and how much does it cost?

Baggsy

Site Supporter
Can someone explain? It doesn't make sense to me at the moment.

It doesn't have to make sense. Think of the humanity Baggsy, because if you don't you're a racist!

Cities across Ontario have declared themselves to be sanctuary cities,
where people can access basic services without fear, regardless of their immigration status.
This is the decent, humane thing to do.

We believe strongly in the rules governing immigration and citizenship,
but we will never withhold basic life-saving services from undocumented people.
We will ensure that anyone can visit an Emergency Room without penalty.
And we will end the practice of holding federal immigration detainees in provincial correctional facilities.

where people can access basic services without fear, regardless of their immigration status.

And we will end the practice of holding federal immigration detainees in provincial correctional facilities.

I thought this was all of Canada

I guess you citizenship means nothing . Your border means nothing . You paying taxes means nothing . Your right to get old age pensions means nothing . All you need to do is to get to Canada . You get all without paying into the system . You are living in Justine Trudeau Canada . You know the guy that has the cash to leave and live anywhere he wants .

I guess you citizenship means nothing . Your border means nothing . You paying taxes means nothing . Your right to get old age pensions means nothing . All you need to do is to get to Canada . You get all without paying into the system . You are living in Justine Trudeau Canada . You know the guy that has the cash to leave and live anywhere he wants .

Youre obviously not that hungry if you can afford a hobby like motorcycling.

Buddy, for your citizenship or where you live, you did nothing. Your dad spunked in your mom and by divine providence it happened that she spit you out in Canada. So no, youre not more special or better than someone that tried desperately to get here and carve a life for themselves.

Its nothing short of barbarity to deny illegals basic life saving services because of the few dollars per year it costs the state.

Buddy, for your citizenship or where you live, you did nothing. Your dad spunked in your mom and by divine providence it happened that she spit you out in Canada. So no, youre not more special or better than someone that tried desperately to get here and carve a life for themselves.

Its nothing short of barbarity to deny illegals basic life saving services because of the few dollars per year it costs the state.

Nothing wrong with people coming over and improving their lives that's being Canadian. Problem is when those people bring their problems with them. They live off the generosity and spit in our faces. Not all but some do.

Nothing wrong with people coming over and improving their lives that's being Canadian. Problem is when those people bring their problems with them. They live off the generosity and spit in our faces. Not all but some do.

Yeah, for sure. That’s the challenge with illegals; you don’t get the only the upper echelon like you do with legal migration; you get some turds too. The good news is that committing a crime while being undocumented is basically guaranteed deportation. Actually happened to a guy I knew.

Not sure what happens with asylum seekers that come from war torn places tho... committing a crime means you get denied asylum afaik but I dunno where they get sent or how it works wih them.

Yeah, for sure. That’s the challenge with illegals; you don’t get the only the upper echelon like you do with legal migration; you get some turds too. The good news is that committing a crime while being undocumented is basically guaranteed deportation. Actually happened to a guy I knew.
Think about that statement for a minute then remember we're talking about illegal immigrants.

Yeah but we need to protect our privileged life styles. There is no reason why some refugee from a hell hole should infringe on our ability to sip lattes whenever we want. Think of the baristas!

Those fleeing from the US to Canada certainly don't seem to be fleeing from a war torn country. In fact I want to head in the opposite direction.

My problem is the added strain on our already overtaxed infrastructure.

Why can't we take care of our current massive unemployment, and homeless and impoverished citizen issues before we allow tens of thousands of more people in?

Yes it is in our countries DNA to be charitable and giving, but it should not be at the expense of our current citizens.

I remember watching the Vancouver news where a family of Syrian "refugees" were complaining that the FREE 3 bedroom apartment they were given to live in was too small for their 6 person family...

My problem is the added strain on our already overtaxed infrastructure.

Why can't we take care of our current massive unemployment, and homeless and impoverished citizen issues before we allow tens of thousands of more people in?

Yes it is in our countries DNA to be charitable and giving, but it should not be at the expense of our current citizens.

I remember watching the Vancouver news where a family of Syrian "refugees" were complaining that the FREE 3 bedroom apartment they were given to live in was too small for their 6 person family...
Unemployment lol there is no unemployment in Ontario, employees are basically impossible to find for most companies.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What bothers me is some of the people who border hop jumping the queue, delaying thousands of people who are legally being processed.

Typical left assumption . I'm an immigrant . My mom a refugee . But we never had any hand outs . Made sure the first day I was eligible for citenship I was sworn in . We have paid into the system since coming here .

People coming here illegally are screwing people doing it the legal way . Just wait till you need cancer treatment . But can't get it because the system is over loaded .

People crossing the border in Quebec are economic migrants . Eventually they will start to over burden the services we will need . Yet they have not contributed to build the system .

If you don't protect what you have build . You will lose everything .

Due to my inside knowledge of the justice system . The people held in detention are there for a reason . Most have vast criminal history back home and here . Yet it takes years to deport them . Since their countries of origin don't want them back .

Unemployment lol there is no unemployment in Ontario, employees are basically impossible to find for most companies.

Steve, you have to understand employment a little better. In Ontario we have near full employment however that in itself does not tell the story of the provinces economy.

From 2005 to 2016, public sector employment growth in Ontario was close to 30 per cent, which wildly outpaced private sector employment growth (7 per cent). The Ont Libs struggled to create the economic environment necessary to preserve and grow private sector employment in Ontario. To offset private sector job losses, they added gov't jobs -- the problem with that is it can only go on for so long, we can't all be on the gov't payroll. There are other economic issues that creep up when the gov't uses it's employment powers to mask real losses in the private sector -- that's another discussion.

Another problem with Ontario employment is the sheer number of jobs that depend on booming housing market, should the bubble burst as it has in the past, unemployment could soar to historic levels very quickly and set the stage for a decades long recovery. Visit Detroit sometime to see what can happen if a dependent industry collapses quickly.

Here's a point to ponder. If employment was as good as the current regime would lead us to believe, why did we need to raise the minimum wage? At imes of full employment, wages for all but the most basic jobs jump as employers compete for workers -- wasn't happening in Ontario... why?

Minimum wage increase was stupid and screwed up a already tight labour market why would you work in manufacturing and get dirty when you can make 14 soon becoming 15 an hour anywhere. As an employer in the manufacturing industry in Ontario there are no employees available and every company i know of is struggling to find anyone with any skill or motivation to work. I have actually considering shutting down the part of the company that needs skilled workers due to the lack of available employees. Personally i know of thousands of unfilled reasonably well paying job openings in the private sector.
Steve, you have to understand employment a little better. In Ontario we have near full employment however that in itself does not tell the story of the provinces economy.

From 2005 to 2016, public sector employment growth in Ontario was close to 30 per cent, which wildly outpaced private sector employment growth (7 per cent). The Ont Libs struggled to create the economic environment necessary to preserve and grow private sector employment in Ontario. To offset private sector job losses, they added gov't jobs -- the problem with that is it can only go on for so long, we can't all be on the gov't payroll. There are other economic issues that creep up when the gov't uses it's employment powers to mask real losses in the private sector -- that's another discussion.

Another problem with Ontario employment is the sheer number of jobs that depend on booming housing market, should the bubble burst as it has in the past, unemployment could soar to historic levels very quickly and set the stage for a decades long recovery. Visit Detroit sometime to see what can happen if a dependent industry collapses quickly.

Here's a point to ponder. If employment was as good as the current regime would lead us to believe, why did we need to raise the minimum wage? At imes of full employment, wages for all but the most basic jobs jump as employers compete for workers -- wasn't happening in Ontario... why?

Typical left assumption . I'm an immigrant . My mom a refugee . But we never had any hand outs . Made sure the first day I was eligible for citenship I was sworn in . We have paid into the system since coming here .

People coming here illegally are screwing people doing it the legal way . Just wait till you need cancer treatment . But can't get it because the system is over loaded .

People crossing the border in Quebec are economic migrants . Eventually they will start to over burden the services we will need . Yet they have not contributed to build the system .

If you don't protect what you have build . You will lose everything .

Due to my inside knowledge of the justice system . The people held in detention are there for a reason . Most have vast criminal history back home and here . Yet it takes years to deport them . Since their countries of origin don't want them back .

If your mom was a refugee then she was not here “legally”. Your mother’s citinzenship and yours by extensions IS a handout by a government that offered her paperwork after she was already here.

Im a legal immigrant, my parents and myself had visas to come here while still in our own country.

Denying people emergency healthcare is not “protecting what you have”; the cost is borderline insignificant... its just cheap greed masquerading as concern for the public coffers.

Back
Top Bottom