Heat = more squids | GTAMotorcycle.com

Heat = more squids

bigpoppa

With the temps rising any of ya'll ever squid it or nah?

Been seeing more and more(even experienced, mature looking riders) riding out there with no jackets/fewer or no gear at all

on occasion, on very short rides, I'll take the jacket off
only when it's VERY hot....but always the rest of the gear

If I'm riding it's in Full Gear. I don't care if it's 110* out. However if someone wants to ride in the own way that's their choice. I try not to judge but it does make me wince in pain...

I don't wear jacket if I am commuting till go station on motorcycle. Can't leave it on the bike and there is no way I can commute to downtown in GO train wearing a heavy motorcycle jacket.
on all other occasions, ATGATT

Jacket, Boots, gloves - always. I make an exception on pants over jeans for comfort but will likely snap up some Kevlar this season.

I rode in Thailand in full gear @46C. This is a joke.

Only to show off a cool t-shirt

Nope, mine is red

If I'm riding it's in Full Gear. I don't care if it's 110* out. However if someone wants to ride in the own way that's their choice. I try not to judge but it does make me wince in pain...

110? gdfo with your imperial

full gear if im ever on the bike

Went down at 50km with no gear and busted up my knee pretty bad. I can't imagine what it would be like going down at high speeds. Hot temps commuting/short distance - boots, kevlar jeans (with D30 knee and hip armor), mesh jacket, and shorty gloves. Weeknight/weekend rides - boots, full leathers, and guantlet gloves.
Something about not wearing gear now just makes me feel naked and just weird...especially not wearing proper boots.

My jacket and pants seem cooler than a t shirt and shorts at speed or with a slight breeze.

My jacket and pants seem cooler than a t shirt and shorts at speed or with a slight breeze.

Couldn't agree with you more. Especially on the hwy I find perf leather jacket is best. Wicks off the wind and nothing flapping around on you like a kite

ATGATT.

No exceptions. If it's too hot to ride, I cage it.

I see the term squid being alot more than just not wearing gear. They just seem like complete idiots on the streets. Constantly weaving through traffic, stunting, high high speeds, ride in packs.
But if you are referring to the squids in terms of gear, I think Harley dudes are by far the biggest squids that ride. Jeans, t-shirt, vest (some of them), and a beanie helmet....not to mention no gloves LOL!

There is a trade off of heat related issues and safety.
Over a lifetime only 33% of riders will come in any meaningful way on pavement.

Dirt - sure you fall...but not so much on pavement. If it gets above 30 I'll go without a jacket on back roads but always gloves and boots and knee armor.
But yeah does feel weird.

This kind of heat, mesh jacket, 511 pants, knee armor, mesh gloves and will be switching away from the C3 helmet which is too hot to my 3/4

Back
Top Bottom