Downtown toronto to Oshawa 2:46 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Downtown toronto to Oshawa 2:46

I left the Distillery district just a little after your start time 4.30ish, i was home in Brooklin before 6.

Queen st to Kingston road, north on Brimley, turned on to Danforth/Mccowan, to Lawrence, east to Scarboro Golf Club road, North up to Ellesmere, right turn then north on Military trail, wind around a few back streets and got on the 401 at Neilson road. East to Meadowvale, north past the zoo to bears<sp> road, north to Taunton, east to Scarb/Durham side road, i could have then taken HWY7, but took the 407 all the way to lakeshore.
You have to find what roads work best at your commute time, having the app waze or google maps helps quite a bit. I never really have the same commute route in the afternoons.

I agree my mistake was I got on the dvp from queen and it was bumper to bumper starting from queen up to 401

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree my mistake was I got on the dvp from queen and it was bumper to bumper starting from queen up to 401

Try Bayview extension next time, moves pretty good and you have more options if the Dvp is a clusterfuck

Having just spent a couple weeks in Italy ... It's too bad we don't have Italian-rules traffic. It looks like mayhem but it works.

Lane split anywhere, everywhere. Lane split on the center line between the two directions (this is standard practice). Filter up to the front at a traffic signal. All the bikes pass all the cars all the time - and the car drivers move over for you, and they check up if they are near the front to allow the bikes to get in front! The co-operation is remarkable. The only rules appear to be use your head, stop at a red traffic signal unless there's no one coming, obey the speed limit when passing a speed camera, and don't lane-split between a car marked "polizia" and oncoming traffic. The end. Anything else is fair game as long as you don't hit anything.

Beat-up old scooters are the best way to get around Rome, and there are lots of them.

I suspect that most car drivers also ride, and they realize that if the bikes are getting through, they're not adding to the jam-up.

The first step in the filtering, lane splitting thing is getting drivers to realize this. I have zero problems with polite filtering although we are ages away from driver competency that would allow for lane splitting.

We also need decent roads. If a car has low profile tires and alloy rims the driver may wander to avoid potholes, making splitting hazardous.

What do you do in the winter when the snow hits and people forget how to drive?

Heh, Ontarians generally don't remember (or never knew) how to drive properly. The only difference is that during winter, there is less traction and visibility.

It used to take me seven minutes from my driveway to sitting at my desk on a good day, and over an hour on a bad day.

Correct , things got much worse in the last 3 years when everyone who couldn’t t afford housing in toronto moved out to Durham..

This created a secondary jam on the 401 from pickering to Oshawa it took me one hour yesterday .. sometimes the last home stretch is the worst.. ever since they put the 412 extension which links the 401 with 407 for some reason that made it worse

Induced demand.

I dread stop and go traffic in my motorcycle, specially when the thing has a bad carb and likes to shut off at every stop.

I am so tired of sweating and getting cooked by the engine....some days its not even worth trying to get out of the city

But when we do....and have a beautiful ride

Those with time to kill.....kill time. The rest of us take the GO. Insanity to commute in Toronto, it will only get worse.

Back
Top Bottom