Rant : Allstate rate increase by 65% for no reason | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rant : Allstate rate increase by 65% for no reason

zx6r_98

Found new letter in mail for my policy update. Turns out instead of giving me a good boy for a year discount, They jack my rate upto 65%.
When i called to figure out why or what its bases on they started being mouthy and fed me B.S. basically without giving me a fix rate or percentage that my hike is based on.

So just wondering if this is normal or just me ??

Any other insurance agent recommendations ?

Not enough info for a reply other than to say, Shop Around. To provide a better reply, info such as age, years riding, tickets/convictions, year/model of bike and finally, what was your insurance coverage and quote vs. your renewal coverage and quote.

Well I wouldn't stay with a mouthy, lying broker.
Unusual to have someone in the CS business go off on you unprovoked.

But if your screen name is indicative of your bike,
I think you know the answer as to why the rate increase.

The hike is not you, but the broker treating you that way probably is.

Well I wouldn't stay with a mouthy, lying broker.
Unusual to have someone in the CS business go off on you unprovoked.

But if your screen name is indicative of your bike,
I think you know the answer as to why the rate increase.

The hike is not you, but the broker treating you that way probably is.

+1

Exactly what I was thinking.

Recommendation for insurance companies: I've seen around this forum that some people have had some luck paying around $1500-$2000 through Facility Association with SuperSports. That being said, there are many other factors other than just the bike, and a 65% increase would be relative to what you were paying initially to compare with another "reasonable" rate.

Edit:
HonDerpa500r seems to have gotten a liability only policy for a GSXR-600 for $3100 as a new rider @ 26 years old in Burlington from Facility Association.
http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?204999-Is-it-too-soon-to-get-a-SS-(600cc)-bike&p=2562064&viewfull=1#post2562064

Given your GTAM forum date, I'd guess you have over 13+ years more riding experience than him so hopefully you could get a better rate.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom