Looking for suggestions on what to buy | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for suggestions on what to buy

It took me actually owning a cruiser to appreciate one (I also had a pair of nice new GSXR600 and GSXR1000 in the garage to choose from). Now I enjoy every minute of every ride instead of being bored waiting for a nice twisty section and now only have the cruiser in the garage. Plus I always have bags to store things so no more backpacks. Just something to consider.

Interesting

duck walking might look awkward, but it is def safer than dismounting to park.

My thoughts exactly. I am not pushing around a 800 pound bike by walking next to it. And I don't give a flying f-uck if someone thinks duck walking looks bad, I am not worried about other peoples insecurities.

Sent from the moon!

Regarding your options, a 300-550cc DS or SuMo shouldn't be out of the question too hahaha, and an SV650 (not the S) with the bar handles instead of clip ons makes a noticeable difference from the 650S.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly. I am not pushing around a 800 pound bike by walking next to it. And I don't give a flying f-uck if someone thinks duck walking looks bad, I am not worried about other peoples insecurities.

exactly ....even tho my bike weighs 500 lb I paddle it into and out of place ....and FFS don't back a bike into a spot where people are sitting or eating behind you.
It stinks and too often it's loud.

Forks and Hockley ...you know what I'm on about.

In serious shopping mode now.

So after checking with current insurance company (Aviva), the shopping list has been shortened slightly - nothing over 750cc, and some odd exclusions like the Ninja 650:

- Aprilia Shiver 750
- Ducati Monster 696
- Honda CB600F/599
- Kawasaki Versys 650
- Kawasaki ER-6N
- Suzuki SV650
- Suzuki V-strom 650

Sat on a new v-strom today and I'm barely touching the ground with both feet while on tippy toes. So if I were to get a v-strom/versys, I definitely would have to try to do something about the height. Also sat on a ER-6N, that thing felt so small, probably because the FZ6 is a decent sized machine.

I somehow sense I will end up buying a naked SV650...if I can find a decent deal on one

Curious why you want to replace the FZ6? I wouldn't pick any bike from your list in place of the FZ6. Easily, the most versatile bike I've owned. Not great in any particular category, but it's pretty decent in almost everything that you want to do

the sv will have more aggressive (uncomfortable) ergos compared to your fz6

@sevet Accelerated Technologies in (iirc) Barrie does custom lowering. Look to drop about $1000. They had a BMW GS1200 (I think) at a past show that I was able to touch the ground on.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Curious why you want to replace the FZ6? I wouldn't pick any bike from your list in place of the FZ6. Easily, the most versatile bike I've owned. Not great in any particular category, but it's pretty decent in almost everything that you want to do

Dumb cager hit my parked bike, insurance write off.

Obviously I could just get another one, but so many bikes, so little time! Figured I should try something else given the opportunity.

those are much more comfortable, but also harder to find.

Understandably racers loved sv's and thats why there are so many of them

I could not agree more.

yeah the fz6 is pretty good, its got more power and far more comfy than the sv

Unless you just want a sporty V twin

Now I'm wondering if it's silly to get something else just for the sake of trying something new. Maybe the FZ6 is the best I can do in price range/middleweight category at the moment...hmm.

It took me actually owning a cruiser to appreciate one (I also had a pair of nice new GSXR600 and GSXR1000 in the garage to choose from). Now I enjoy every minute of every ride instead of being bored waiting for a nice twisty section and now only have the cruiser in the garage. Plus I always have bags to store things so no more backpacks. Just something to consider.

thinking very hard about trying this route
my ST bike is leaving tomorrow
and thinking seriously about a cruiser next

Now I'm wondering if it's silly to get something else just for the sake of trying something new. Maybe the FZ6 is the best I can do in price range/middleweight category at the moment...hmm.

I completely understand this, I change up bikes often just cause I want to try different ones. Gotta ride 'em all

Inquired with insurance, was told it's a no-go unfortunately

what? Did they quote you high? or are they black listing triumphs now?

Back
Top Bottom