Looking for suggestions on what to buy | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for suggestions on what to buy

Upper body-wise, pretty much the same thing as the FZ6. I actually had the FZ1 bar on the FZ6 which moves the controls slightly down/forward, not sure which is more aggressive. But I noticed pretty quickly the SV's rearsets are further back so your feet are much more under your butt than on the FZ, which I like. I always thought the FZ would be more comfortable to ride quickly with rearsets that put your feet further back, especially with the handlebar moved forward/down.

So overall, not a big change in terms of ergos compared to the FZ.

But a very different bike in general, not sure I'm a huge fan TBH. But it's still early so I'll have to see how I really feel about it in due time!

Miss your smooth turbine ? :D

Maybe...

If only the SV made 20-25 more HP and didn't feel like it was gonna vibrate itself into pieces every time the engine lugs a bit :D

Maybe...

If only the SV made 20-25 more HP and didn't feel like it was gonna vibrate itself into pieces every time the engine lugs a bit :D

They used to make the Sv1000....I'd buy one in a heartbeat if they were still around...

Dont know why they stopped

I hear the TL1000 was also quite nice

They used to make the Sv1000....I'd buy one in a heartbeat if they were still around...

Dont know why they stopped

I hear the TL1000 was also quite nice
They are still around. Around the same price if not cheaper than their 650S brothers....
I imagine they stopped because everyone was just buying the 650's as learner/intermediate bikes and the 1000 was basically the same bike with more power and heavier.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Miss your smooth turbine ? :D

that was my guess too
fueling was spot-on with that bike

for a budget - do - anything ride
the brakes and suspension were also well sorted

never understood why people in NA stayed away in droves

that was my guess too
fueling was spot-on with that bike

for a budget - do - anything ride
the brakes and suspension were also well sorted

never understood why people in NA stayed away in droves

If we're still talking about the FZ6, I don't know if I agree with you on the fueling and suspension.

I think the 2007/2008 models had improved fueling but the earlier bikes (04?-06) had rather poor mapping at the beginning of the throttle range. Very abrupt on/off feeling, which wasn't really big of a deal if you were just getting going since it's so tame at the lower revs. But if you closed the throttle and cracked it back open even in the midrange, you got a decent jerk. And the suspension was also nothing to write home about, I felt like it was decent until you started to try to push it around a little. Mid-corner undulations in the road were downright scary with the FZ6, even if you weren't pushing all that hard.

But I think considering it was a budget bike, it really wasn't that bad at all. As long as you didn't mind dealing with some additional heft compared to its rivals.

Back
Top Bottom