GPS/REAR View Video Motorcycle Mirrors | GTAMotorcycle.com

GPS/REAR View Video Motorcycle Mirrors

roadrash

Was looking at the R1M vs. Police Chopper chase story, which made me remember this very cool and immensely useful mirror mod I had discovered on youtube some time back and forgotten all about. If you could, would you get it ? Or does anyone on this forum already have one ?

https://www.innovative-cycles.net/

[video=youtube;UZ2XPHB7mo4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ2XPHB7mo4[/video]

ggLeGIj.jpg

like the rear cam one
but prefer to have my GPS closer than that
screen touches would not be handy out there

like the rear cam one
but prefer to have my GPS closer than that
screen touches would not be handy out there
Yeah, the rear cam mod could be a life saver. Eliminates blind spots.

I like how clean the GPS mod is. Yeah programming it would be a pain I imagine.

Putting fragile and expensive electronics out in the first thing that hits in a tip over or narrow spot isn't a great plan. Cool idea, but I would implement differently (eg. maybe the gps mirror stalk comes back instead of out to give easier access and protection and cam stalk has no sweep, just a vertical stem).

Yeah, the rear cam mod could be a life saver. Eliminates blind spots.

I like how clean the GPS mod is. Yeah programming it would be a pain I imagine.

although it's frowned upon - probably illegal some places?
I do interact with my GPS while rolling via screen touches
it's easy to do with it on a handle bar mount right in front of my face

and it's handy to quickly take it off the bike and bring with you at a lunch stop
to set a new way point or mod your route

also on multi day trips I'll design a route with tyre and send to GPS via USB cable
with that setup you'd have to bring the PC to the bike

Putting fragile and expensive electronics out in the first thing that hits in a tip over or narrow spot isn't a great plan. Cool idea, but I would implement differently (eg. maybe the gps mirror stalk comes back instead of out to give easier access and protection and cam stalk has no sweep, just a vertical stem).

although it's frowned upon - probably illegal some places?
I do interact with my GPS while rolling via screen touches
it's easy to do with it on a handle bar mount right in front of my face

and it's handy to quickly take it off the bike and bring with you at a lunch stop
to set a new way point or mod your route

also on multi day trips I'll design a route with tyre and send to GPS via USB cable
with that setup you'd have to bring the PC to the bike

All valid points. Another downside is, in case of a malfunction with the rear view camera or the screen, you're left with no rear view mirrors at all.

Good idea which can be improved. I'm sure there would be some clause somewhere that would make these illegal. Sucks almost every mod turns out to be illegal in Canada.

I had a Ducati 900ss that would turn that into a pile of tiny useless bits in less than a km.Lol.

You mean the brake fluid reservoir?

Back
Top Bottom