Anyone have a V4 Ducati Speciale yet? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone have a V4 Ducati Speciale yet?

F3800RC

I have a Ducati v4 speciale on order from Apex and was told I was first in line. I’m now being told The bike isn’t here but I see GP Bikes has 2 on their show room floor (sold)
has anyone got theirs yet from Apex or know someone that has?

Nope, those are sexy bikes though. Where do you ride? ( I want to see this thing...)

Last edited:
$48k bike on order!?!
Can I sit on it please when you get delivery? ��

$48k bike on order!?!
Can I sit on it please when you get delivery? ��

Sure just don’t sniff the seat. Apex says it should be here in 2 weeks . They are great to deal with but I’m annoyed GP got bikes already

Could be GP had pre orders prev to you.
You might have been "first" at Apex but GP had orders in earlier?
GP have preferential treatment from Ducati based on units sold per year?

Could be GP had pre orders prev to you.
You might have been "first" at Apex but GP had orders in earlier?
GP have preferential treatment from Ducati based on units sold per year?

yeah true. Found out from Apex just now Ducati says my order was in November and GP bikes had orders in October. No big deal. Mines 2 weeks away apparently

speaking of which, anyone know if ducati doing their demo days this year? Dont they do them at GP?

GP does usually do Duc and Triumph demo days.
Although, they will let you demo a bike anytime if you call them.
They do take CC deposit as ahold and make you sign a waiver.

GP does usually do Duc and Triumph demo days.
Although, they will let you demo a bike anytime if you call them.
They do take CC deposit as ahold and make you sign a waiver.

Thats only for their bikes right? I understand ducati brings their own bikes on a truck

Its a ducati event, not a GP event

speaking of which, anyone know if ducati doing their demo days this year? Dont they do them at GP?

I know Apex has a reasonably sized demo fleet you can test ride at almost any time....

hmmmmph ...wanna see

2018-Ducati-Panigale-V4-Speciale-05.jpg

$48K?? Nice machine but stupidly overpriced. Twice the bike the "vanilla" Panigale V4 is? Don't think so.

When I was getting my Supersport delivered, I believe they had the V4 Speciale next to my bike in the delivery trailer. This was about 3 weeks ago. I purchased my bike from Maranello Motor Sport. They had the V4 in the showroom for the past two months. Not 100% sure if it was the Speciale though.

$48K?? Nice machine but stupidly overpriced. Twice the bike the "vanilla" Panigale V4 is? Don't think so.

This is Ducati's marketing at work. The standard Panigale V4 is the one with the attractive starting price, but that's not the one you want to show off at the espresso shop. You want the S, with the Ohlins suspension and forged wheels and a few other goodies, for probably (haven't looked into it) about $5k extra. Doesn't cost Ducati that much to add those, but honestly I would go for the S. But, it's not the one you REALLY want. That would be the Speciale, with the special paint scheme and lithium battery and some special racetrack bits and the limited-edition numbered plaque. Ducati has done this for the last couple of decades if not more. 'Course, there's a price tag attached to that.

BMW (both cars and bikes) works the same way.

P.S. very nice bike, I'm looking forward to seeing it and hearing about your impressions of it someday.

Back
Top Bottom