Honda CRF450L Unveiled: The Dual Sport Everyone’s Been Wanting? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda CRF450L Unveiled: The Dual Sport Everyone’s Been Wanting?

In the showrooms now.
450_zps6adv1njl.jpg

lost 30+ horsepower ...something weird

Wrong bike comparison.Do a little homework before you post.

And Lightcycle was right.This isn't going to be a great ds bike.Lousy service intervals and peanut tank.

Last edited:
Wrong bike comparison.Do a little homework before you post

Your attitude sucks as usual ...you didn't read the article, I did, you only read the graph...
It clearly is the race version I posted and the drop in horsepower from 57 on the R to 25 on the L makes no sense.

So where did the 30+ HP go ?? remains unanswered but you just wanted an excuse to snipe .....nothing new there :rolleyes:

The 25 Horsepower is apparently the Euro version

[video=youtube;fUmtzOlqAtc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUmtzOlqAtc[/video]

The video above claims the US version will be in the 40s which makes more sense.

KNeFZuLrqTRz9OUcx_xIkD5Sz13D3qEaN2G_q99Bdf_IbTMgUi3IC__sIXtjnhbSkX0VQjr3e-9CjE33Md7cIghKD53dX7t_-T53C7tkwNbJlsinMRombhgO-Uxv0epCmghDZT2G9o0VOpFYDY2VasS88k-UQc_Bvnf1Q8-RdCkaghsPr4w24uqWrCXTUKckEBaXxt9sWuG4gU-rGlrKg-_bbk6zgOCCJsRdfSXygajRjDQ8WwqHpNSXLpWJ-syytENutr_Q2ObY82-hIp9dozuhlEI72pBK77yfBjVwQvBAz6qQFgmwAk163Wlr6VfyRXsvoMkkAJt52h94gmiDdbe1MoSU8jABaYbRw2AOOH5v4vnU61nNpIiU6AiShiM8XcQ1afSNan9lk0rB5Vu2E7FvNt6Auj5zlCiXz-lLpxJTHcU5uzh5QBFVfFh-lr2-1x1Gur49R97bb4ZDS-Zf0PaEvsn6Ozh-PlztnqTNq-B6UZ54vjuwZiyPUmQsXim6EKEX4IsZQGxPH0SRVaGevMzz_KYmJUHj5-4Kjle6MC4Fd0a2UtG16qnjX07FYXVu_JMjFmN1tXd2xECCZfJuJ2oMN_1JKG1jEZ3r76amIOy0wLaP41Qiys2x6mj_Sh7w=w1296-h318-no

Last edited:
Race motor/street motor.No comparison is useful.No need to make personal comments.

Race motor/street motor.No comparison is useful.No need to make personal comments.

Except the L engine is based on and very close to the race bike. Different cam, 3 ring piston, heavier crank or flywheel weight and ecu settings. Down on power sure but like Macdoc is pointing out it is extremely unlikely that took a high 50's hp engine all the way down to 24-25hp.

Except the L engine is based on and very close to the race bike. Different cam, 3 ring piston, heavier crank or flywheel weight and ecu settings. Down on power sure but like Macdoc is pointing out it is extremely unlikely that took a high 50's hp engine all the way down to 24-25hp.
Need to look carefully at where the number 24 came from.It was an internet goof.

Apex got it before KW Honda... lol.... I was just there and they didn't have any
Kw Honda is a bit of a joke compared to Apex i actually cant believe they haven't been closed by Honda especially now that Apex has the line

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have talked to guys that race the R and RX models.The frequent valve inspections are simple and rarely require shim changes.The detuned L model will most likely prove to be very reliable.Honda usually doesn't release hp numbers because there are too many variables from different dynos and environments.
The consumers are so fickle today.They ask for a performance dp bike for years and when Honda finally gives it to them,they whine about the numbers and the orange gang comes out in full force.Meanwhile the new model will do what Honda's do best.Ride...park...repeat.

I have talked to guys that race the R and RX models.The frequent valve inspections are simple and rarely require shim changes.The detuned L model will most likely prove to be very reliable.Honda usually doesn't release hp numbers because there are too many variables from different dynos and environments.
The consumers are so fickle today.They ask for a performance dp bike for years and when Honda finally gives it to them,they whine about the numbers and the orange gang comes out in full force.Meanwhile the new model will do what Honda's do best.Ride...park...repeat.
Yup, and be called soulless and boring......again, because as you state the customers want a performance dp (not another soggy bag one).

Had a good look at it this aft at Apex.Build quality is extremely good.Everything from frame welds to turn signals is the best i have seen in a long time.Needs a good bash plate ( the coolant bottle is down in front,huh? And barkbusters.There are a few diehard orange guys at Apex,and they are equally impressed.Should have taken some detail pics.Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom