Luck, great riding skills or both? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Luck, great riding skills or both?

Consider the other end of the spectrum where a newbie gives up and lays er down.

hehe ...crossed my mind as well. There was one on Youtube...guy thinks the deer is going to crash into him ...deer twists away ...guys lays the bike down - deer never touched him or the bike.

This particular video also reminds me of a rider on a sportsbike in Pennsylvania - young deer scrambled up a bank then fell in the road right in front of him ....he ran right over it and stayed upright...he was a tad buzzed by it all.

Keep your cool.
Easy to say ....tough to do....the rider in the OP sure did.

I think it's his focus that impressed me the most.

Hey that reminds me when I ran over a running goose on my bicycle. It was chasing another goose in the park and boy, if you don't think those things can turn on a dime on the run, let me tell you they can turn on a dime! It ran with half-flapping wings right under my studded winter tires (sorry bird), I got a bit of air, and we both kept going. It probably was feeling it for a few days after that.

Not the same as what happened to Kornfeil but it goes to show, bikes generally want to stay upright all on their own.

Good skill in maintaining control with that move especially landing and through the gravel. But for some reason I feel some luck was involved in that too. Really reminds me of the Simoncelli incident. The fallen rider was split seconds away from having his head hit by this bike . That bike was hit at the perfect angle. Normally they just fall down after hitting another bike.
Could have ended up much worse.
If I recall there was another great save in that race (almost high side) can't remember what rider though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom