Bosch air jet will stop you from low siding on gravel/oil patch ... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bosch air jet will stop you from low siding on gravel/oil patch ...

wow

deff some cool tech, but I always thought that most gravel / sand incidents have more to them than just the gravel or sand, most times the rider panics and grabs a hand full of front brakes or chops throttle which puts even more weight on that skinny front tire and causes it to loose traction, wonder if that can also be resolve with the same tech

deff some cool tech, but I always thought that most gravel / sand incidents have more to them than just the gravel or sand, most times the rider panics and grabs a hand full of front brakes or chops throttle which puts even more weight on that skinny front tire and causes it to loose traction, wonder if that can also be resolve with the same tech

Also target fixation and running off into the ditch.

Not sure how practical it is once you factor in weight of the system itself, cost of purchase/installation and maintenance of system. Does it need to be recharged after a use? Do you need a special tool or gas to recharge it? I guess I'm getting old, but I like my bikes fairly low tech. I bought my '05 ST back in September of last year and it is the first time I've ever had fuel injection or ABS! I can't imagine having a bike that uses gas exhaust to keep me from crashing. To me simple is best and this seems anything but.

Has me wondering how many motorsports associations have rules that would prevent you from mounting reaction thrusters on your race vehicle

Not sure how practical it is once you factor in weight of the system itself, cost of purchase/installation and maintenance of system. Does it need to be recharged after a use? Do you need a special tool or gas to recharge it?

Article says the prototype uses chemical gas generators, so they would be lightweight but single use (perhaps could have multiple charges). I would think they would be similar to airbags, but less expensive due to easy access and lack of a cushion

Don't know about less expensive. Though the number of "charges" it carries might be a limiting factor too.

It's not obvious from the video if the bike is standing up because of the rider or the jet. If the jet causes the bike the stand up, it may actual make many crashes worse as you will go sailing off the road at full speed instead of scrubbing some speed during the slide.

Article says the prototype uses chemical gas generators, so they would be lightweight but single use (perhaps could have multiple charges). I would think they would be similar to airbags, but less expensive due to easy access and lack of a cushion

Another word for a chemical gas generator can be “explosive” which is what many airbags are.

Back
Top Bottom