Tackling ticket touts | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tackling ticket touts

I like it.

New Ontario (Canada? I can't be bothered to look up which house of ***** is wasting time and money on this) law is stupid and a failure from the start.

Taylor Swift took a different approach but I like sheeran's much better. She raised all ticket prices so high (many many tickets at $1000+) that scalpers won't be able to get any margin so they won't try.

Kid Rock has done something similar the last couple of years. All tickets to his concerts are 20.00. He releases 1000 at a time and at odd locations to ensure fans can get access. He leaves the first few rows empty. They get filled by upgrading fans. He has people walking around the theatres picking big fans and upgrading them to the first couple rows. He has stated by cutting out a lot of the middlemen he has actually made more money this way, and the fans are not getting hosed.

The last few tours Prince did you had to purchase with credit card, and had to bring the card with your tix to get into the venue.

When I went to buy tix for Def Leppard/ Journey recently, within minutes of the sale, resale tix were being offered on TM. That's total bs imo. I ended up getting crappy seats for more than I wanted to pay. Let's see how many empty seats there will be.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

good intentions, but I think it will be harder to get going in NA, the US for sure
we are more conditioned to having 2 levels of experience based on net worth

The last few tours Prince did you had to purchase with credit card, and had to bring the card with your tix to get into the venue.

Apparently there was a big backlash from this as it slowed the flow at the gates to a crawl.

Apparently there was a big backlash from this as it slowed the flow at the gates to a crawl.
Doors opened at 6 show started just after 7 we were in.
Over at 10 shuffled out and next show started at 1130.
At the Sony Centre. Limited entry points. I would imagine a bigger venue *should* be able to do the same.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

My guess is most performers really don't care and in some cases are in on it (some have been caught actually doing it themselves!). Basically a lot of this can be boiled back to ticketmaster, etc. IF they really wanted to stop this sell your own tickets--or create a new ticket seller the artists control. As for bots, it is not that hard to stop, add the users name to the ticket at original purchase and check that the ID matches. Secondary market is now completely gone--so is on site scalping.

Using the credit card (display at entry) is dumb because it prevents someone from buying tickets for someone else... Adding name does not.

Back
Top Bottom