OOPS! Not charges I'd want to be dealing with | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

OOPS! Not charges I'd want to be dealing with

If they can use it catch speeders like this and get them off the road then I think it's money well spent. Say he had caused an accident at those speeds. A wrecked car or two and a few personal injuries and it doesn't take long to add up to $2 million. Not to mention the suffering and anguish of those hurt in the accident and their loved ones. If they can break off a dangerous ground pursuit and use the chopper to track them then I think it's great.

I only hope that the CBC can do a follow up story on this person with a detailed account of how much it costs them, how long their license is suspended for, how much insurance would cost them when they finally do get their license back, any jail/public service they get and whether or not losing their license etc caused them to lose their jobs. I'm hoping that showing just how much this incident costs the rider that it might (MIGHT) deter someone else from doing something similar.

I have a vague memory of a relatively recent similar case - a TTC worker from Niagara was with a couple other bikes riding the same way, and similarly he was followed in the air and arrested on a dead end street in Hamilton. Dangerous driving charge, one year suspension of license, etc. That's gotta cost a lot; just a criminal dangerous driving charge alone would cost and arm and a leg to defend in court. Many years of facility insurance too.https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/04/12/ttc-worker-fined-for-riding-his-motorcycle-at-225-kmh-on-the-qew.html

Last edited:
Hope they throw the book at him. The riding community doesn't need the negative notoriety something like this brings.

Not to mention his recklessness put others' safety and lives at risk.

Hope he does time.

Fair enough. I wonder what we might all be saying if it had been a cager pulling this stunt ?

True.We are the ones that the public tars with the same brush without scrutiny

My favorite comment is one of the replies from the twitter post: "[FONT=&quot]No reason a bike like that should be legal on the road. Death trap."[/FONT]

You crazy kids and your super sports

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/motorcycle-sidewalk-cayuga-1.4651243

Here's a tough one. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/motorcycle-sidewalk-cayuga-1.4651243 The story is light on details. Ontario case law has firmly established sidewalks are not part of the HTA, be intersecting to see if this is overreach of the rider did some serious stunting before he hit the sidewalk.

That's dumb. I ride on the sidewalk all the time. I think having the DRZ is a free pass though

Here's a tough one. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/motorcycle-sidewalk-cayuga-1.4651243 The story is light on details. Ontario case law has firmly established sidewalks are not part of the HTA, be intersecting to see if this is overreach of the rider did some serious stunting before he hit the sidewalk.

what about the bicycle nazis that do this and worse, every friggin day?

I'm a vehicle, give me a lane!
now I'm on the sidewalk and have pedestrian right of way!
hey now I'm on the road again!

Its unfortunate but crazy insurance rates being jacked by the police picking the low hanging fruit (speeding) and lets not even take hta 172 into account and for the perfect storm blacklisting certain bikes. Lets assume I am a 26 year old and own a gixxer and now ins is no longer financially feasible due to blacklisting of course most would ride dirty being young and invincable.

Just like the A hole I saw riding southbound on the 410 sunday around 2pm. In my cage and I see Jerk wad coming in rear view mirror fast and switching lanes like a noobitha cutting off guy in lane beside me. I thought oh well been there done that... a squid of course with a tshirt with a printed big red stop sign shoulder to shoulder with large yellow letters within saying " I DONT STOP" and of course no license plate. Not only was this dummy riding dirty but blatantly provoking the public and police .. hell thats another level.

Btw if you are a member here next time be sure you got enough space to cut back in lol "not everyone is in a civic"...cause no laws you would be a hood ornament. It took much self control.:D A pre RIP is in order with your skill you will be a memory soon

So yesterday I am riding home on the Hockley road, it’s pretty busy, sight seers, hikers, and lots of bikes as you might suspect. Well screaming up the road behind me was a group of around six geniuses on supersports, passing on blind curves, over double lines, forced at least one car onto the shoulder when the bike couldn’t complete the pass and would have hit the car head on. So everything comes to a complete stop at Airport road, the southbound traffic is so heavy it’s hard to get across, anyway I catch up to these guys there and notice that there wasn’t a license plate on any of their bikes. They continue on passing dangerously and generally endearing themselves to everybody else around. The next time one of us gets stopped for nothing, we have these guys and their ilk to thank for the change in attitude of law enforcement. Now get off my lawn.

Never understood the no plate mentality anyway, you are just going to run 100% of the time? What if you actually have somewhere to be... seems like a hassle

Especially on a Monday afternoon holiday traffic. The QEW is the devil's playground. Play by the rules or turn in your man card.

At least in the 1960's the QEW is where the OPP started off their rookies, doing highway patrol. If they could develop a stomach for the carnage they dealt with on a weekly basis, they would have earned a transfer to something less gruesome. It was much worse than the 401 of the time.

I saw that article, in court I would likely ask the officer why ebikes are ignored.

No license. Illegal bike. Runs from the cops. This is clearly a man who doesn't care what the punishment is. It will be a long time before he can legally have a license again. Too long. So after he gets out of jail (probably weekends) he'll get another illegal bike...because he doesn't have anything to lose.

You were young and wild once.

Still like to think that i am actually.But the consequences of having "fun" these days are a lot different than they were back in the day.

Still like to think that i am actually.But the consequences of having "fun" these days are a lot different than they were back in the day.
How is 200 KM/H any different today than it was "back in the day?"

How is 200 KM/H any different today than it was "back in the day?"

he was meaning the consequences. Maybe "back in the day" you just got a $150 fine and slap on the wrist. These days, its a different story.

he was meaning the consequences. Maybe "back in the day" you just got a $150 fine and slap on the wrist. These days, its a different story.
Oh Ok. So we weren't talking about the reckless endangerment of other motorists? Got it.

Oh Ok. So we weren't talking about the reckless endangerment of other motorists? Got it.

Hm...you may be taking his comment out of context.

If you find a straight road with no hidden intersections (ramps, some stretches of the 400, everything north lol) you could, safely, do stupid **** without having to worry about losing your license or other things.

It does, however, look like things are more nanny now based on what I've heard from "back in the day"; I was not alive back then though or too young to ride.

Back
Top Bottom