OOPS! Not charges I'd want to be dealing with | GTAMotorcycle.com

OOPS! Not charges I'd want to be dealing with

"[FONT=&quot]Police have charged him with dangerous driving, fleeing from police, driving while disqualified and tampering with a vehicle identification number."[/FONT]

Stolen R1M?

*Helmet tap* for those flying down the QEW regularly.

OPP will be glad to showcase the amount of excessive speeders they can catch to justify their new toy.

No helmet taps! Stupid enough to do this on public roads - you deserve to have (not just the book) but the chopper thrown at you. However poor helicopter doesn't deserve such treatment.

Moron

$2 million of your tax dollars went to buying that toy.

Lord knows how much they cost per hour to run, maintain and fuel on a regular basis

*Helmet tap* for those flying down the QEW regularly.

OPP will be glad to showcase the amount of excessive speeders they can catch to justify their new toy.

Yup. And will probably have 'arrested as he parked his motorcycle' news briefings after the next ride of the six...

"Tampering with VIN"

Stolen?

In Monday afternoon holiday traffic on the QEW ? Give your head a shake.
Especially on a Monday afternoon holiday traffic. The QEW is the devil's playground. Play by the rules or turn in your man card.

Wtf is with the tough guy crap in this thread? Long weekend,400 series hwy,only 200kph...seriously?

Am I the only one who saw the Vin was altered and it might be stolen?

Wtf is with the tough guy crap in this thread? Long weekend,400 series hwy,only 200kph...seriously?

"Police have charged him with dangerous driving, fleeing from police, driving while disqualified and tampering with a vehicle identification number."
Ahem - possibly stolen bike, no licence, riding stupidly in holiday traffic, not pulling over - what don't you understand ?

"Police have charged him with dangerous driving, fleeing from police, driving while disqualified and tampering with a vehicle identification number."
Ahem - possibly stolen bike, no licence, riding stupidly in holiday traffic, not pulling over - what don't you understand ?

Posts 3,5 and 6.

Posts 3,5 and 6.

I fail to see how my post can be interpreted as "tough guy crap".

No helmet tap will stop someone that intends to run from cops, or have any effect to a helicopter hovering over you anyway.

Last edited:
$2 million of your tax dollars went to buying that toy.
Lord knows how much they cost per hour to run, maintain and fuel on a regular basis

If they can use it catch speeders like this and get them off the road then I think it's money well spent. Say he had caused an accident at those speeds. A wrecked car or two and a few personal injuries and it doesn't take long to add up to $2 million. Not to mention the suffering and anguish of those hurt in the accident and their loved ones. If they can break off a dangerous ground pursuit and use the chopper to track them then I think it's great.

I only hope that the CBC can do a follow up story on this person with a detailed account of how much it costs them, how long their license is suspended for, how much insurance would cost them when they finally do get their license back, any jail/public service they get and whether or not losing their license etc caused them to lose their jobs. I'm hoping that showing just how much this incident costs the rider that it might (MIGHT) deter someone else from doing something similar.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/motorcycle-sidewalk-cayuga-1.4651243

Here's a tough one. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/motorcycle-sidewalk-cayuga-1.4651243 The story is light on details. Ontario case law has firmly established sidewalks are not part of the HTA, be intersecting to see if this is overreach of the rider did some serious stunting before he hit the sidewalk.

[FONT=&quot]The 51-year-old was driving along Talbot Street East around 12:47 p.m. when an OPP officer patrolling nearby saw him drive off the road, police say, and ride along the sidewalk before entering a parking lot. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Provincial police suspended the man's licence and impounded the motorcycle for seven days.[/FONT]

I wonder how much he rode on the sidewalk? 10ft.. 100ft?

and to get "Stunt driving" charges! ouch

Back
Top Bottom