Ottawa Tech Inspection Help | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ottawa Tech Inspection Help

hxman

Was wondering if anyone in Ottawa could give me a few pointers on what to lockwire and/or other items required to pass tech inspection. Probably the light weight class and/or twins........

Thanks

lock wire not required to pass tech for track day.

Tires should be good, chain should be good, stand should have good strong spring if it’s attached. Exhaust can’t be too loud, brakes and lever should work and the guy may check other things...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you talking about a track day or going racing?
For racing: Anything with fluid behind it needs to be lock wired, Oil filler cap, Oil Drain plug, Oil filter needs to be lock wired. Either with a clamp around it that is wired to the bike or with a filter such as the Hi Flow brand that has a nut that can be wired. I personally always use OEM filters with a gear clamp around them.
Go into 613motorsports. Ask for Aaron he has prepped a couple of bikes for people this spring.

Fork pinch bolts, Brake caliper bolts, Brake banjo bolts need to be lock wired,

Steering stem nut should be wired and Steering head bearing should be smooth with no notches in the movement

Was wondering if anyone in Ottawa could give me a few pointers on what to lockwire and/or other items required to pass tech inspection. Probably the light weight class and/or twins........

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom