Northern roads 2018 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Northern roads 2018

conundrum

I didn't see a thread dedicated to current road conditions for 2018 so I figured I'd start one...

Haven't been up north yet this year (hopefully tomorrow or Monday), so I was wondering what the conditions of the following are like if anyone has been up there already:

-Mount Horeb
-Ski Hill Road/10
-Glamorgan Road/3
-Dyno Road
-Northey's Bay Road

So far I've heard there is resurfacing work on 10 between HWY9 and HWY2 near Port Hope...haven't heard anything else though.

... but also wondering about number of potholes or debris that hasn't been washed away yet.

Yesterday May 20th.
Coopers Falls & Housey Rapids good.
Southwood (southbound) was terrible. Potholes, loose asphalt around the potholes, sand, gravel and too may cars/trucks.

Hwy 10 from port hope going north is under construction, 3 km of mud.

57 was good
Skill hill road was Good
35 was good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today, I rode up to the barry's bay area and I was on: Monck rd (45), 503, loop rd (648 ), elephant lake rd (10), peterson rd, 62, siberia rd (69), opeongo rd (66), 515, 514, the section of 28 from 514 to bancroft, the section of 62 from bancroft to 620, the section of 620 from 62 to 504, 504, and 46. Of all those, only 504 had some sand on it, the rest of the roads were clean. No construction on any of them.

Did southwood (13) on saturday, very sandy in some spots and lots of potholes, but good enough to pick a tire track and giv'r

Today, I rode up to the barry's bay area and I was on: Monck rd (45), 503, loop rd (648 ), elephant lake rd (10), peterson rd, 62, siberia rd (69), opeongo rd (66), 515, 514, the section of 28 from 514 to bancroft, the section of 62 from bancroft to 620, the section of 620 from 62 to 504, 504, and 46. Of all those, only 504 had some sand on it, the rest of the roads were clean. No construction on any of them.

Much appreciated!

I was up on Bunny Trail today, the last few kms on the north end are gravel. 520 is nice and clean.

Hwy 10 from port hope going north is under construction, 3 km of mud.

Was it the last 3km before HWY 2 (heading south)? I was actually there one day before (May 20th) and it was all new pavement until close to the end where it was the old stuff, but nothing torn up.

was in the port perry (breakfast at Maples) bobcaygeon, haliburton (lunch at Mckeeks) area on sunday 27th. hwy 36 to 507, hwy 507 to 503 is good no real problems, a bit of the 507 just south of the OPP detachment has new asphalt. hwy 3 from hwy 503. going north on hwy 3 was real fun, road was better condition than hwy 507 plus there was no riders/drivers infront of us, there was nobody around! . hwy 35 to Dorset was clear. Did a quick stop at Dorset and the mosquitos was too much for me. came right into my helmet as soon as I lifted my visor. Anyhow back to the roads. In trying to make quick time to home, toronto/mississauga we took hwy 48 south which was so boring, slow (80 km) cars infront cars in back. If you know a better route to toronto/ mississauga let us know. later

June 2nd:
Kushog Lake Road, very sandy. Nortbound pavement OK but Southbound several sections of broken/rough pavement.
Uffington Road, sandy and dusty.
The 118 between 35 & Uffington, some small sections of culvert repair. Bridge repair down to controlled one-lane just west of 35. Surprise gravel section just west of that.

I didn't see a thread dedicated to current road conditions for 2018 so I figured I'd start one...

Haven't been up north yet this year (hopefully tomorrow or Monday), so I was wondering what the conditions of the following are like if anyone has been up there already:

-Mount Horeb
-Ski Hill Road/10
-Glamorgan Road/3
-Dyno Road
-Northey's Bay Road

So far I've heard there is resurfacing work on 10 between HWY9 and HWY2 near Port Hope...haven't heard anything else though.

These are "Northern" roads?
Are you Neil Young?

Sunday, June 10 2018
hwy 2 from huntsville to sprucedale is clear and paved with quick twisties little bit of sand on the side nothing to worry about. the narrow road has a mixture of sun and shade.
hwy 518 is clear and paved with lots of twisties and faster than hwy 2
Mcdougall road is was like a roller coaster but we only did a quarter of the way to Hurdville. (tire trouble)

We started are tour with breakfast in bobacaygeon.

Last edited:
Did Southwood Road from Hwy 11 to Torrance. Awesome! A little gravel kicked onto the pavement here and there, but mostly good

Sent from my MIX Lite using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom