2 stroke dirt bike registration | GTAMotorcycle.com

2 stroke dirt bike registration

dantheman7755

Hello. I am currently looking at purchasing a Honda CR125 2 stroke. I was wondering if it is still possible for me to register and insure it as a trail bike, not a street bike. I only want it green plated, not blue plated but I am curious if I can even register and insure it due to emissions and such. Also, would I need a M license or is a G2 legal? Thanks!

Take the 17 digit VIN to Service Ontario and see if its in the system.
Likely not, CRs are motocross bikes for 'closed course' racing purposes only.

If the bike isnt stolen you can get a offroad plate you may have to make a sworn statement but it isnt that big of a deal. You will need insurance to ride but no license is needed to ride off road.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think you will discover the CR125 has a very narrow power band for casual trail riding. Also not sure what a green plate is going to buy you as far as places to ride an MX bike.

Biggest advantage I can think of to the green plate registration is you will be able to legally transport it through Quebec without requiring an enclosed truck or trailer.

The green plate is required if you want to ride it anywhere except: a) your own private property, or b) a sanctioned closed course competition. So if you want to ride outside of a sanctioned event in Simcoe, Northumberland, Ganny or crown land, you need the green plate.

The green plate is required if you want to ride it anywhere except: a) your own private property, or b) a sanctioned closed course competition. So if you want to ride outside of a sanctioned event in Simcoe, Northumberland, Ganny or crown land, you need the green plate.

I'm sure it is, but where does putting the green plate (plus liability insurance) on an MX bike actually allow you to legally ride?
... assuming a CR125 can meet the 94db maximum sound restriction.

I'm not aware of any riding area that prohibits a properly licensed, insured bike, regardless of type. So you can ride your MX bike in Ganaraska, Simcoe, crown land, etc...

Back
Top Bottom