May long weekend trips | GTAMotorcycle.com

May long weekend trips

MacDoc

Site Supporter
It's not a long weekend in the US so thought I might go that way but PA weather report sucks.

Sault Ste Marie tho looks very nice

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/ontario/sault-ste-marie

xiWzaITW7_-5te7WSbug6VyftB7qoP8C6EZb9V3ppjpesZGynTQ1R9tomV6YdfzFRERj7mh-C38e3juUKXXzZilmgsvBGc2Xsq_eCB9WF24TKUnF2u11LQGBk5pIa65Ep4bAjprrewg7TJBgEagGeiQlRBI0qkr2WGZdfYF58UAg9BwCpV0Vmpovb6WSI_xkyisGSUsO6vo_yqejxK5SnkNBsiUu78n84wL9SKL1QSyfJH1V2UTll31vgkuunpVoTE1FHx7BODm4H0Piw_5fCHrXpz57RtyVW7_WPOgOhMtmokDLnZ61L4snvLd9LK-7ltbB448ZzpBk0BbQ3qJH84lgssKueP3yTOxfDAI-xHxjo_ekWNziP3M9iAz4WqfTs3av1Ffzm9H8gTEB0Lg5wewoRPtNEMToqDzz-hx36TWyi1JM2eFNcLjnzEOJsqzat99C_Vrdelw4misenCxcNA0VYILHh2kvgZZMbV5TRJPRcotvLtgy0k_6n08uWIcxe9bKHL4OPESiopV7yIPDnvCxNXTfLvXeKkAy2Ionu0_9mA5kDs-7vgM2LTbIMQMHzMHBUuH5f8sDKr5Mv_eS791eq_PmaKqr5v16kpFr=w1172-h804-no

So The Grand Algoma loop is a good candidate and if you extend to next week or leave tomorrow a Lake Superior loop even tho it's early

grand-algoma-tour-photo-3.jpg

The Grand Algoma Tour is a spectacular two day tour that takes you along the Lake Superior shoreline then inland through the heart of Algoma. The scenery between Sault Ste. Marie and Wawa is exhilarating as you ride tight to the highway up and down with Lake Superior visible for most of the ride to Wawa. Heading to or from Chapleau up the twisty highway 129 provides bikers with curves to lean into as they experience the stunning landscape with mile high cliffs on one side of the road, this highway will not disappoint. As you ride down Hwy 129 you approach the North Shore of Lake Huron which provides equally impressive scenery and road to ride.
https://www.algomacountry.com/touring/motorcycle/grand-algoma-tour/

It was a bit wet and dreary when I did the Algoma loop last year - might try a repeat tomorrow and get north quick before traffic. Have some photo spots I'd like some sun for on the road to Chapleau.

9BoJ47_mXRwdN3D69fJ4mrXm2_H-AekZ6AjG6Bbxp74ECvuA9xmYzRkIs1iUSea12LI1c-CsyiPs6wTKdH3nsRbGRUuVsaIbYN7SkCH4tEPnw8LFEa7JRE9yminkFay8xdRDkH5LkYxltiJR4qcfvcOEP35-z2BVBPYhar_HBmwKGOWhTu7TCz_jRdEQpu2lT42ZfrCXY9BDnWJxiouP6KVPKjs9Zy4UrSBPoZeDNxyaFv2k0tBENiWh5ViAHCAgKdn-dnFbt2LCyx_wlYBVZrJGIKlf5yZsKc9i1HnV2Zs3HlE2QLUbfSYpUPOEM4plWObwIx5qllgwPMe7kJux7QgtQLM7xhfryFqj4mjwYtQsbK3KRPDyJY8tou_NhRA6SM6F7gZ8lCcTx-dLHtbTTC8RAUu4DE-qk18_VvqJ4SDNb6miIhEtDjr4ichiAIqQPU_WITTTJ4hxu1fj8SGWrs5WFO39EjFMBEV7cV6P59n6Tu1bOdWE4Vq-OSqEa01G5_5EwHyrcBa-w5gUB6tdUSrtIxl6U9aGUI2oHmDGvM0F78lzaRCccmC4uTtcvJ2wtZNQCOnfU4-CkPXqWQkVuh6nTWqDwnqWcIhOcPMg=w1572-h648-no

https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries/superior-loop-june-2017

Last edited:
I'm jealous

Not long weekend, but I’m contemplating an early camping trip....if the black flies cooperate and are not yet an issue.

Not long weekend, but I’m contemplating an early camping trip....if the black flies cooperate and are not yet an issue.
I 'erd if you don't shower for days & you stink enough everybody keeps away from you, even black flies

the secret for the bugs to not bother you while camping
is to stay wet on the inside

I did my part of the riding yesterday. Took a day off from work, started from Oakville at around 10 am, rode to Grand Valley, Shelburne, River Road and then back to Oakville via Fergus, Guelph and 15 Side Road. It was a perfect ride in perfect weather.
Belwood Road from Grand Valley to Fergus was a gem of road that I enjoyed a lot:)

You sure picked a good day to play hooky - best so far ....no so today.

I dunno seemed pretty good today to me. Just got back in from a run up to Washago, Gravenhurst, then down to Cooper Falls, Darlrymple, Kirkfield, then to Beaverton to go south home. Chilly at the end but still great!

Funny you mention the Sault. Riding up (and past) there Sunday with a friend up to about half way through Lake Superior park, and then turning and burning home.

It's a long story why we are headed for the park, but I'm making an Iron Butt qualifier trip out of it at the same time - two birds, one stone.

1800KM..not wasting any time. Leaving around 4AM, aiming to be home by midnight.

Can't wait to ride that stretch of road again - it's really spectacular - was up there last year as well, rode out to the MB line for another strange "adventure" that is another long story. ;)

Back
Top Bottom