Schuberth S2 /C3 / C3 Pro Visor Mechanism Kit - small group buy. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Schuberth S2 /C3 / C3 Pro Visor Mechanism Kit - small group buy.

MacDoc

Site Supporter
I need to buy 3 to get free shipping from RevZilla.

works out to $25 each landed all in.

Anyone want to participate?

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/schuberth-c3-c3-pro-visor-mechanism-kit?rrec=true

No More Loose Visor!
The visor on my C3 would not stay open so I installed these and presto, good as new. Please read the instructions because the mechanisms are specific to the left and right side of the helmet. Took about 10-15 to make the switch, easy.

Fixes wandering faceshield on C3 Pro...
These overpriced plastic pieces are must have for your helmet.
I carry a spare set just in case.
Fixed my shield from not staying on the height I would set it at.
Schuberth should include an extra set of these with every helmet.

If I know today would be in next week.

I had my C3 Pro replaced last year under warranty so no need for this. One fix I saw on ADV rider was guys were putting the foam ring you get with a blank CD spindle and putting that in. Not sure how exactly it worked but the guy who did it said it was fine.

I saw that.
Someone talked to Schuberth support and they claimed it was a safety feature when it "wandered down" on its own :rolleyes:

I'd like it to work as it should. The helmet is 4 years old and I'm second owner. a few bucks to make it work properly I think well spent. I'll be seriously annoyed if it does not tho and "wanders down".

As it gets hotter I want it to stay ....if it doesn't I tend to ride with the convertible top up...not so safe.

Got around to installing the kit today.

I think it's a good idea to buy a fresh pinlock when you buy the kit. I found out the hard way the seal on the pinlock does not keep out the cleaning water/detergent. :rolleyes:

The pinlocks scratch easily ( not me ) and so when I get back in October I will order one or two....

Tip on the mechanism ...the Allen size is different between the replacement kit and the original and I just used the original as they were a higher quality.

Nice to have a working shield and a one with much better optical quality without the pinlock.

That said...the pinlock is incredible when it is cold.....really is anti-fog.

Got around to installing the kit today.

I think it's a good idea to buy a fresh pinlock when you buy the kit. I found out the hard way the seal on the pinlock does not keep out the cleaning water/detergent. :rolleyes:

this is good to know, was thinking of giving my visor a good submersion wash

The pinlocks scratch easily ( not me ) and so when I get back in October I will order one or two....

Tip on the mechanism ...the Allen size is different between the replacement kit and the original and I just used the original as they were a higher quality.

Nice to have a working shield and a one with much better optical quality without the pinlock.

That said...the pinlock is incredible when it is cold.....really is anti-fog.

do you wear corrective lenses MD?
I have some weird optical distortion with the pinlock sometimes
but it may be the polarization on the scrip sunglasses I wear riding

a wandering down visor is a safety feature?
f'n salesmen

I don't wear glasses when riding but I could see there might optical weirdness...it's an optically very good visor without the pinlock in place..was like getting a new helmet today

It's really a rip off ...it's only the teeth that wear and that plastic part should be kicked out by a 3d printer for zilch.

In theory a little tip of some sort of weld should repair a worn one.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom