Drive-thru | GTAMotorcycle.com

Drive-thru

killvino

Today i was running a bit late to work and missed breakfast, knew the mcdonalds there had a ton of old visitors and didnt want to join that long line inside. went through drivethru cause i was just grabbing a sandwhich and would just toss it in my pocket or jacket and eat at work anyways.
had earplugs in but all i heard as i tried to order was motorcycle drivethru policy blah blah, repeated to me.
ended up saying ok, rode around, parked it and went in to order.

this happen to other people? i don't usually grab drivethru with the bike but i have done it before and haven't had issues.
anyone go more frequently? goldwings, cruisers?

I can maybe see it being a safety issue, but with how ****** drivers are, bikes with cupholders and storage, what's the difference? cagers can get charged distracted driving while eating too

Couldn't find anything with the search button but if this was already talked about just link it please.

Today i was running a bit late to work and missed breakfast, knew the mcdonalds there had a ton of old visitors and didnt want to join that long line inside. went through drivethru cause i was just grabbing a sandwhich and would just toss it in my pocket or jacket and eat at work anyways.
had earplugs in but all i heard as i tried to order was motorcycle drivethru policy blah blah, repeated to me.
ended up saying ok, rode around, parked it and went in to order.

this happen to other people? i don't usually grab drivethru with the bike but i have done it before and haven't had issues.
anyone go more frequently? goldwings, cruisers?

I can maybe see it being a safety issue, but with how ****** drivers are, bikes with cupholders and storage, what's the difference? cagers can get charged distracted driving while eating too

Couldn't find anything with the search button but if this was already talked about just link it please.

I found this: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/archives/showthread.php?117432-Tim-Hortons-drive-thru-policy

but who knows. It maybe policy not to serve you as you cannot be identified due to helmet on head blocking their cameras.

I use a drive thru occasionally, and a few times, I had to drive up to the pay window and place my order there.
I think there's a traffic sensor similar to the ones at traffic intersections.
My biggest challenge is to not spill my coffee

Sent from my MIX Lite using Tapatalk

The only times I've gone through the drive thru on a bike is when the place is closed to walk-in customers, and none of the employees ever batted an eye

The solution is simple: don't ride thru a drive thru. Silly riders.
Yeah, you have to drive your motorcycle through, not ride it.

I think one place started turning down a guy on a horse that had been doing it for years.

Last edited:
The solution is simple: don't ride thru a drive thru. Silly riders.
What was the problem? The drive thru often gets faster service and it saves time getting off the bike

Sent from my MIX Lite using Tapatalk

In uni I used to take a bicycle through the drivethrough. I got lots of funny looks but never refused service. It is probably down to the individual restaurants experience of someone binning it in the drive-thru.

In uni I used to take a bicycle through the drivethrough. I got lots of funny looks but never refused service. It is probably down to the individual restaurants experience of someone binning it in the drive-thru.

i read that quick and saw unicycle. that wouldve been a lot funnier.

i read that quick and saw unicycle. that wouldve been a lot funnier.

I have tried a unicycle a few times and haven't been able to master it. Carrying a unicycle through a drivethru isn't nearly as funny.

In a slightly related story, last summer I saw a unicyclist going down a big hill into an S bend at 40+ km/h wearing typical bicycle safety gear. I was afraid for his life. I would definitely be gearing up more if I was going to do stuff like that.

yup, probably at the franchisee's discretion
and I could easily see how a SOA cast member
with a Loud Pipes Save Lives attitude
could ruin this for all on two wheels

same with a group of crotch rocket squids
jamming up the drive through and generally behaving like jackasses

I've done it a few times over the years. Hit Tim's or McD's drive through, put the order in my tank bag. Never an issue. Seen a few cruiser guys coffee-up in front of me while in my cage as well.

Might be individual store policy because of a previous incident.

I've been doing it ever since I got a RAM cup holder 6 years ago. Swap out the GPS or X-Grip to carry a drink.

I think a lot of times the workers are curious where you'd put the drink as they hand it to you.

cagers can get charged distracted driving while eating too

Common misconception due to extremely poor reporting on the media's part.
MTO Website said:
Q1: What exactly is the distracted driving law?

In Ontario, it's against the law to:

• operate hand-held communication and electronic entertainment devices while you're driving
  • view display screens unrelated to your driving
McD's has strict drive-thru policies relating to their insurance liabilities. They also will not serve walk-up customers at late hours when doors are locked and only the drive-thru is open. I tried that one drunk one time, I came back next day to complain to manager and explain that I was doing a service to the community by choosing to walk when I could barely even do that lol. They explained that they are only allowed to serve cars for liability reasons. Nothing to do with distractions.

Besides, early hours of the morning, if you want food, it's only right to go inside as a matter of courtesy. Leave the drive-thru for people trying to just get a coffee and get to work. Drive-thru is for when you're in a hurry, not for when you don't feel like standing in line.

When I'm riding to work, I use a backpack. The backpack has bottle pockets on each side. I have 2 of the 500ml aluminum thermal bottles, each one holds a large coffee. I park, go buy my coffees and transfer them to the bottles and go. If I'm too short on time for the line, then I guess I just have to skip the stop.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom