Where does this gasket go | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where does this gasket go

FattBoyy

2010 cbr600rr

Found this gasket under my rear tire

I was emptying out everything from the sub tray and I had loosened up the muffler and lowered it to get to subframe a little easier

a6101fa77485e3606bf6612b1530fb89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.partzilla.com has exploded views of every bike. Pick your year/model/make, select the section near where you were working, see if you can find that part on the exploded diagram and figure it out. Might help to take pictures of everything you do for reference next time

From its condition, it looks like it was due for replacement anyway.

If it's rubbery it shouldn't be part of the exhaust path (but it may go between a bracket and the bike to allow some motion).

​Doesn't look familiar - the front tire may have picked something up off the road and tossed it into the belly pan ?

A sheared off side of the exhaust hanger grommet? They are soft and rip off when overtorqued

Can it be some kind of something (lol) that has to do with the throttle servo?

I just went to Honda and asked the parts desk and they could not find anything and looks like that in the computer ..... hmmm

I'd say it goes in the trash
don't look for extra work for yourself bro
glad you got the tail straight

Looks like an exhaust header gasket to me.Put new ones in or you'll have a lot of backfire and popping on decel.

Last edited:
The next thread will be “What’s this rattling sound?”

Go back over everything you loosened and removed. It is a rubber gasket/o-ring that fits between 2 parts.

It may or may not be in the parts fiche if it forms a vital piece of a main part.

Look for round tubes/openings about that size or slightly larger...there can’t be that many on your bike.

I figured out what it is
It’s a part of my “ez curl” barbell ..
Yep go ahead and laugh boys

Back
Top Bottom