Caught With No Insurance | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Caught With No Insurance

I was trying to show a scenario were you are a pedestrian , someone who may not drive or have auto insurance. older person , child etc. Not everyone has benefits, car insurance etc....

if someone is negligent in causing damages or injuries they are civilly liable

amazes me how many people confuse the concept of liability with insurance

Well look it another way. What if a non insured motorist hit you and you were a pedestrian at the time and the injuries were severe. How would you get compensated? Your auto insurance has nothing to do with this. Most people who drive dirty can't put two dimes together, good luck suing them and trying to get anything out of them. You will be left with the high medical costs and will be forever in debt.... To me riding dirty, making a mistake forgetting the expiry date whatever the excuse = zero sympathy.....

Everyone is always looking for the easy way out. No-one wants to own up when they get caught. Without the penalties - fines there would be no deterent for these people not to ride - drive dirty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

I was trying to show a scenario where you are a pedestrian , someone who may not drive or have auto insurance. older person , child etc. Not everyone has benefits, car insurance etc....

You're not quite understanding how insurance works in Ontario.

No Fault Insurance means you have no contact or no business with the offending party or his (existent or non-existent) insurance company.

You have a contract with your insurance company to pay you out in the event of damages to you.

If you don't have insurance, you don't get paid out.

It's actually quite simple...

What I'm trying to say is if you are a victim (pedestrian) and you have no insurance because for example you don't drive. Then "no fault" insurance doesn't apply to you because you can't go after your auto insurance to cover the costs and then your insurance would sue the person or that caused the accident.

But if that person was legally insured you could sue the person and then their auto policy would cover them. But if they don't have insurance e.g. the O.P. you would be lucky if you could recover anything from them.

Make sure you call the judge “bro” and you have to fist bump him at the start of your case.

For some reason that reminded me of this! :lmao:

[video=youtube;WTWdP5DMdsM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTWdP5DMdsM[/video]

if someone is negligent in causing damages or injuries they are civilly liable

amazes me how many people confuse the concept of liability with insurance

I never stated you can't go after them civilly. What I was trying to get across is that these people who ride-drive dirty usually have very little means to pay for anything yet alone millions of potential medical costs if they were to hit you. You try suing someone with no way of paying you and see how far that gets you. In the meantime you are stuck with the medical bills, you cant work so you have no income etc. At least if they had insurance you could sue them and then their insurance (even the in the no fault system) would cover the costs that were awarded to you up to the max in the policy of course.

name someone who has received a multi-million dollar medical bill after an accident in Ontario

name someone who has received a multi-million dollar medical bill after an accident in Ontario

How the heck should I know. I was giving you an example of how difficult it would be recovering costs from someone who wants to drive dirty. But whatever. If you think its easy and no big deal suing someone without insurance.

How the heck should I know. I was giving you an example of how difficult it would be recovering costs from someone who wants to drive dirty. But whatever. If you think its easy and no big deal suing someone without insurance.

you sue them whether they have insurance or not
and based on whether your injuries meet the threshold to allow it

what I asked you was to backup your statement about being stuck with a multi-million dollar medical bill
was a rhetorical question, because residents of Ontario don't get medical bills as the result of a car accident

In the event of no party having any insurance, the province has a fund set up as a "payer of last resort" called the MVACF (Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund):

https://www.fsco.gov.on.ca/en/auto/mvacf/pages/default.aspx

That's interesting , wasn't aware. but I doubt it would cover you the same way if someone actually had insurance.

In any case my main point is we all have insurance so if something did happen. At least we and the victims are somewhat covered. These people that don't have insurance for whatever reason couldn't care less and should be held accountable. Not offered advice on how to get out of it.

If you broke, and ride dirty, you got it figured out.

Cant take from you what you dont have

you sue them whether they have insurance or not
and based on whether your injuries meet the threshold to allow it

what I asked you was to backup your statement about being stuck with a multi-million dollar medical bill
was a rhetorical question, because residents of Ontario don't get medical bills as the result of a car accident

So you think OHIP covers all the costs? lol you have no clue what the costs are when someone gets seriously hurt and has to deal with it for the rest of their lives.

So you think OHIP covers all the costs? lol you have no clue what the costs are when someone gets seriously hurt and has to deal with it for the rest of their lives.
Exactly, OHIP will cover the hospitalization but they don't cover they years of physio that could be needed, or extended home care or lost wages

I changed 'because' to 'and'. Makes more sense

okay....and speaking non-abstract
like if I were injured by an uninsured motorist
or really any motorist that was negligent in an accident
then no, I would not be interested in their woes of how they ended up uninsured
nor in offering advice on how to defend a charge as a result of the accident

but it would not be a financial disaster for my family
I don't rely on the good intentions of strangers to arrange that
it is MY responsibility

Sorry you have to put up with the retirees shouting their sarcastic comments on this thread; chances of it being dropped. None. Expect a reduction if it's a first major offence.

We've all done stupid sh*t, learn, pay up and move on

Back
Top Bottom