Caught With No Insurance | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Caught With No Insurance

Thanks, man. I had insurance 4 months prior to this. That's when I renewed my stickers. I don't know what happened since then.

Got what you deserve . No pity . Your a very foolish person to ride without insurance. Good thing i am not the judge although i am in this post !!! your screwed and rightfully so .....

If you knew you didn't have insurance why would you stop?

In all seriousness, unless there was an error in the ticket or officers notes then you are at the mercy of the court. If you have car insurance or plan to in the future then make sure you lawyer up with the best money can buy.

Side question: did you have plates?

Read the thread. Sounds like it was an honest error based on what the OP has stated. Wouldn't be the first time someone made a mistake like that, hence the need to see a judge to look at everything. Still a dumb mistake, but quite a long way from intentionally driving dirty.

Thanks, man. I had insurance 4 months prior to this. That's when I renewed my stickers. I don't know what happened since then.
Does that mean you had a pink slip with valid dates, but when the cop, who pulled you over checked it, it was cancelled ?

Read the thread. Sounds like it was an honest error based on what the OP has stated. Wouldn't be the first time someone made a mistake like that, hence the need to see a judge to look at everything. Still a dumb mistake, but quite a long way from intentionally driving dirty.

I did read the thread and it's very vague. There's a difference between riding a day after a temp insurance slip expires and four months after it expires. Not knowing is not an excuse, and ultimately is looked at intentionally riding dirty because you are responsible for your paperwork.

I believe Judge Judy says it a lot but probably all judges do.....ignorance is no excuse

Thanks for seeing where I'm coming from, bro... I already owned up and stated it was a stupid mistake of mine, but we all make mistakes and this was mine. I already learned from it and will take action.

Cheers

Make sure you call the judge “bro” and you have to fist bump him at the start of your case.

I drove without insurance when I was young and stupid. Learned my lesson and never did it again. My no insurance was dropped and pleaded guilty for 2 minor charges. It was the best thing that happened. It then again, my representative was well known in that court room and knew everything from who’s working when etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably the funniest thing I've ever seen you post! LMFAO!
Make sure you call the judge “bro” and you have to fist bump him at the start of your case.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

everyone's so hard on the young bro
he was disorganized and it caught up to him
don't see any ill intentions here, give the lad a break

Yea my bad for being a judgmental ******* =(

We've all done stupid **** accidentally or intentionally.

If this guy caused you damage or injured you or a loved one and he was riding without insurance, would you cut him a break?

Last edited:
If this guy caused you damage or injured you or a loved one because he was riding without insurance, would you cut him a break?

That's not the way it works.

No Fault Insurance in Ontario means you make a claim to your own insurance company regardless of whose fault it is. Then it's up to your insurance company to go after the other party's insurance co if they are at fault. You get paid out regardless of whether the other guy is insured or not.

The only impact to you is that everyone's rates goes up to pay for the guy that rides dirty if he injures someone and can't pay up.

That's not the way it works.

No Fault Insurance in Ontario means you make a claim to your own insurance company regardless of whose fault it is. Then it's up to your insurance company to go after the other party's insurance co if they are at fault. You get paid out regardless of whether the other guy is insured or not.

The only impact to you is that everyone's rates goes up to pay for the guy that rides dirty if he injures someone and can't pay up.

Right so if your riding dirty, the injured party's insurance company comes after you. Since you have no insurance company

Right so if your riding dirty, the injured party's insurance company comes after you. Since you have no insurance company

My point was that if you're insured, you get paid out regardless if the guy that injured you is insured or not. So the poster I was responding to asked, "would you cut him a break if he was not insured and injured a loved one?"

The answer is: it doesn't matter.

Well look it another way. What if a non insured motorist hit you and you were a pedestrian at the time and the injuries were severe. How would you get compensated? Your auto insurance has nothing to do with this. Most people who drive dirty can't put two dimes together, good luck suing them and trying to get anything out of them. You will be left with the high medical costs and will be forever in debt.... To me riding dirty, making a mistake forgetting the expiry date whatever the excuse = zero sympathy.....

Everyone is always looking for the easy way out. No-one wants to own up when they get caught. Without the penalties - fines there would be no deterent for these people not to ride - drive dirty.

Last edited:
What if a non insured motorist hit you and were a pedestrian at the time and the injuries were severe. How would you get compensated? Your auto insurance has nothing to do with this.

It actually does.

It's called "Uninsured Motorist Coverage". Every automobile insurance policy has to offer this, and it covers exactly this situation, plus hit-and-run accidents.

I was trying to show a scenario where you are a pedestrian , someone who may not drive or have auto insurance. older person , child etc. Not everyone has benefits, car insurance etc....

Back
Top Bottom