Caught With No Insurance | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Caught With No Insurance

This is not a mistake, this is negligence. .
I'm not defending his decision but we've all made stupid decisions in life specially when we were younger. Negligence or mistake, i just dont see the point in kicking people or ridiculing them when they're already down. That's all

I am curious as well...you wouldn't happen to previously/currently own an s1000rr would you?

Haha, no! This is my first time stumbling on this forum, actually. I just saw many people post things regarding RedLine to this forum, so thought I'd join and ask.

This wasn't for my bike, my bike is insured and so was my car (4 months ago). Not sure what happened since then!

I'm not defending his decision but we've all made stupid decisions in life specially when we were younger. Negligence or mistake, i just dont see the point in kicking people or ridiculing them when they're already down. That's all

Thanks, man. I had insurance 4 months prior to this. That's when I renewed my stickers. I don't know what happened since then.

Chances of having it dropped? 0-1%. Let me warn you now that MOST of the replies in this thread will not be what you want to hear.

Yeah, I don't think it'll be completely dropped. If anything, I'll have the fine reduced, which is still better than $5,000+ fine. I'm ready for a nice insurance spike, though.

Oddly enough, this wasn't for my bike. I should've stated that I had insurance about 4 months ago (when I renewed my stickers), so I honestly don't know what happened from then till now.

Don't discuss details on the interwebs. You may be on a path to a defence if the crown is cooperative (eg. you thought you had insurance, your credit card expiry date changed and insurance company didn't notify you that you stopped paying). You are still guilty, but with a good enough story (and ideally lawyer), you may be able to get away with a lesser charge.

Don't discuss details on the interwebs. You may be on a path to a defence if the crown is cooperative (eg. you thought you had insurance, your credit card expiry date changed and insurance company didn't notify you that you stopped paying). You are still guilty, but with a good enough story (and ideally lawyer), you may be able to get away with a lesser charge.

Thanks for the advice, bro. I contacted a popular team to handle my case. See their name on this forum a lot.

ignore the sarcastic replies. Some people enjoy kicking others when theyre down!
Yeah you screwed up bad and you're probably gonna have a hard time for a few years once your court goes through and are at the mercy of the court. But as Evoes said, get a good lawyer and dont cheap out because if this sticks, it'll cost you much more in the long run.
There are a few threads here with reference to some tried and true lawyers that others have used before with success . Do a quick search on the site
Also, how old are you? What were you riding? How's your record before this?
There are many factors that will come into play when the judge is deciding how hard or soft to go on you.

Thanks a lot, bro. I know am an idiot, so I don't need people to tell me.

Yeah, I've gotten a team who's name appears on here often. I don't want to state too many specifics but I'm in my twenties and clean record. This is the first time

"I Dont know what happened"

Thats the one you should try before the judge

if you had been canceled for non-payment or some other reason
but had not been served the registered letter, you may have a slim defense
keep all the docs, make notes of dates and anything pertinent, and trust your lawyer
luckily there was no accident or you would be in a much worse predicament
if your record is clean, you may have a slim chance of beating this

Thanks a lot, bro. I know am an idiot, so I don't need people to tell me.

Yeah, I've gotten a team who's name appears on here often. I don't want to state too many specifics but I'm in my twenties and clean record. This is the first time

That's fine. hopefully you being young with a clean record will get you some sympathy from the judge.
Like others said, you probably wont get it dropped completely but the odds of them going a little easier on you are good.
So keep up the hope and keep us updated.
And goes without saying, LEARN from this lol

if you had been canceled for non-payment or some other reason
but had not been served the registered letter, you may have a slim defense
keep all the docs, make notes of dates and anything pertinent, and trust your lawyer
luckily there was no accident or you would be in a much worse predicament
if your record is clean, you may have a slim chance of beating this

JavaFan, from one programmer to another, thank you for making me feel a little better.

That's fine. hopefully you being young with a clean record will get you some sympathy from the judge.
Like others said, you probably wont get it dropped completely but the odds of them going a little easier on you are good.
So keep up the hope and keep us updated.
And goes without saying, LEARN from this lol

Thanks for the support, bro.

I will keep you guys updated and yes, I've learned most definitely.

Programmer? I thought he just really liked coffee :dontknow:

only programming I've done is with my now adult kids
jury is out on whether it was successful or not

thread ain't about me, but screen name is meaningless
something that just occurred to me at reg time
didn't know if I was gonna bother coming back or not

Got what you deserve . No pity . Your a very foolish person to ride without insurance. Good thing i am not the judge although i am in this post !!! your screwed and rightfully so .....
Hey,

Got caught driving without insurance. Have already contacted RedLine. What're my chances to have this dropped? I've already gone ahead and gotten insurance now, though not sure if it'll help.

Any help would be appreciated!

No need to tell me how stupid I am for doing this, I already know. Fml

If you knew you didn't have insurance why would you stop?

In all seriousness, unless there was an error in the ticket or officers notes then you are at the mercy of the court. If you have car insurance or plan to in the future then make sure you lawyer up with the best money can buy.

Side question: did you have plates?

Back
Top Bottom