Caught With No Insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

Caught With No Insurance

Hey,

Got caught driving without insurance. Have already contacted RedLine. What're my chances to have this dropped? I've already gone ahead and gotten insurance now, though not sure if it'll help.

Any help would be appreciated!

No need to tell me how stupid I am for doing this, I already know. Fml

giphy.gif

Sucks man :dontknow:, good luck getting it dropped!

Get some lube and bend over.

Let me guess, supersport and first bike? No sympathy!

Chances of having it dropped? 0-1%. Let me warn you now that MOST of the replies in this thread will not be what you want to hear.

so what will happen you keep driving/riding without insurance? take your chances and skip the high insurance?

Getting insured right away was smart. Your best bet is to get a good lawyer and pray for the best.

You're at the mercy of the court at this point.

What is/was the ride?

What is/was the ride?

I am curious as well...you wouldn't happen to previously/currently own an s1000rr would you?

Hey,

Got caught driving without insurance. Have already contacted RedLine. What're my chances to have this dropped? I've already gone ahead and gotten insurance now, though not sure if it'll help.

Any help would be appreciated!

No need to tell me how stupid I am for doing this, I already know. Fml

Doubt you'll get it "Dropped", they'll get you for something for sure. Did you just buy a bike and tempted to ride it or something?

Last edited:
This is why we need to stop giving stupid advice to noobs to start with a small bike. Get a 600SS+ and RUN. Maybe practice on a scooter before.

ignore the sarcastic replies. Some people enjoy kicking others when theyre down!
Yeah you screwed up bad and you're probably gonna have a hard time for a few years once your court goes through and are at the mercy of the court. But as Evoes said, get a good lawyer and dont cheap out because if this sticks, it'll cost you much more in the long run.
There are a few threads here with reference to some tried and true lawyers that others have used before with success . Do a quick search on the site
Also, how old are you? What were you riding? How's your record before this?
There are many factors that will come into play when the judge is deciding how hard or soft to go on you.

Last edited:
so what will happen you keep driving/riding without insurance? take your chances and skip the high insurance?

While the odds of getting caught twice (assuming you don't drive like a tard) are astronomical, you'll probably regret that decision.

ignore the sarcastic replies. Some people enjoy kicking others when theyre down!
Yeah you screwed up bad and you're probably gonna have a hard time for a few years once your court goes through and are at the mercy of the court. But as Evoes said, get a good lawyer and dont cheap out because if this sticks, it'll cost you much more in the long run.
There are a few threads here with reference to some tried and true lawyers that others have used before with success . Do a quick search on the site
Also, how old are you? What were you riding? How's your record before this?
There are many factors that will come into play when the judge is deciding how hard or soft to go on you.

This is not a mistake, this is negligence.

Your insurance will cost more then a bike, will take years for it to be clear. This is the reality. Can't hurt to fight it and try and get it reduced for the long run but I doubt you would get off clean on this one. There really is no excuse to not have insurance and be on the road.

If you are lucky. Nothing or you succeeded in running

If you are kinda lucky, you get a lessened ticket, or you died while running.

If you're unlucky, you get an impound and take it up the *** insurance rates for 6~ years.

If you're really unlucky, you managed to hit someone that will drain you of every dollar you make in your life time. Could probably evade this by fleeing the country...but why would you want to flee a relatively crime free country with pretty damn good health care.

I don't see any winning here lol

Back
Top Bottom