Wind on big highways 401 - 400 etc | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wind on big highways 401 - 400 etc

Does your windshield adjust? Maybe the flow of the windshield is just at the wrong spot for your height and riding position.

For bonus pucker points for those around you, is your helmet gold by any chance?

Unfortunately no it doesn't. But I am adjusting the seat to bring me down which might help a few things.

Gold helmet no, why do you ask. Should I get one. I think sometimes other drivers think I am a cop any way (ex-cop bike) would a gold helmet give them more to think about :D

Unfortunately no it doesn't. But I am adjusting the seat to bring me down which might help a few things.

Gold helmet no, why do you ask. Should I get one. I think sometimes other drivers think I am a cop any way (ex-cop bike) would a gold helmet give them more to think about :D

OPP golden helmets are the display team.

OPP-Golden-Helmets.jpg

Lots of protein out there the other day for open faced helmet people. Might want to check your helmet size. 100 earplugs are twelve dollars at Walmart, Hearing Aids are over two grand. Wear your earplugs or become deaf like the rest of us lunkheads.

Oh, my long ride on Monday the bike was plastered with bugs. At one point I did a quick stop to check where the heck I was on the iPhone etc.. then started riding again and within a minute of so, a big bug hit me right on the sunglasses...Ffff... stopped again to wipe off that..

Ya I know the wind does impact you, also pluging seems to dull the senses...but yes don't want to be hearing impaired either....

Ya I know the wind does impact you, also pluging seems to dull the senses...but yes don't want to be hearing impaired either....

doesn't take long to get used to wearing the plugs
and after that you wonder why everyone doesn't use them

but I suppose the communicator users would disagree

It doesn't interfere with the communicator on my helmets, the quietness (or lack thereof) of the helmet itself interferes.
The old helmet isn't particularly quiet, but it is a full face, the new one is a flip up, and is so noisy in the wind, that I can't hear the speakers properly even at full volume.

After enough seat time you'll only notice the wind by how often you need to stop, and when another vehicle gets blown into your lane.

I just started using ear plugs about two weeks ago and wow what a difference. Don't think I will ever go back now. I also installed a communicator at the same time and have no issue hearing with the plugs in. Others may have had different results.

Ya I know the wind does impact you, also pluging seems to dull the senses..

you can't hear at 100db + ambient noise and it ruins your ears. They shut down to protect themselves ( if you've been to a rock concert then you know the cotton wool after the concert ).

Earplugs attenuate sound ....think about a siren .....if it's up close it's ear splitting...if it's blocks away it is still audible but not ear damaging.
That's what attenuation is ...it effectively reduces the loud sounds created buy the wind flow in your help and "moves you away" from them.

You can still hear things going on....just further away. The one guarantee is if you keep riding at highway speeds without plugs you soon enough will damage your hearing.
There are lots of options

Back
Top Bottom