What are you looking for in your local motorcycle shop ? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What are you looking for in your local motorcycle shop ?

It's impossible to have the 100s of thousands of different parts in stock guys. That's not realistic.

I settle for few days shipping. I usually order my own parts online but when I can't find something or can't wait a month then I'll go to a local shop because they can generally get stuff faster then I can.

This is why I like Snow City so much. I don't expect them to have most parts in stock. I call them with the part numbers I need, give them a credit card number, they call me within a couple business days to let me know the part is in. Haven't failed me yet.

Does it really cost that much to keep a few crush washers in stock?

Is it the dealer or does Honda custom design a washer that only fits one make / model?

Find a cheap source and buy in bulk so you can keep them in your “home stock”.

I get what you mean though. The small “everyday” parts you would expect dealers to carry should be stock items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Royal does pretty good for a gear shop.
What gets to me is dishonest mechanics & people who do not live up to their word.

If I'm paying a hefty price, I expect good service to go with that too.

Look at GP Bikes and Rider's Choice as an example of good shops, probably the two most successful bike shops in the GTA. There's a reason they are where they are.

Conversely, I have been to Corsa Meccanica a handful of times, and I live five minutes away.
Agreed. Recently went to Riders Choice for the first time. The selection of gear is fantastic. Staff were friendly and answered all my questions, took time fitting me while I tried on 5 different helmets. I wound up with a Schuberth C3 pro. Three days later I drove back there from Barrie and bought a pair of Klim gloves. Both items were well below MSRP.
They must be doing something right for me to drive there from Barrie twice in one week. The selection, sizing and amount of stock are all top reasons to travel. I also travel to Dualsport Plus, simply because they have so many cool adv bike accessories in stock. That's hard to find.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Find a cheap source and buy in bulk so you can keep them in your “home stock”.

I get what you mean though. The small “everyday” parts you would expect dealers to carry should be stock items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They had the fork seals but not crush washers. I would have expected the opposite.

Two bottles of fork oil later, one for the forks and the other to pour all over myself and the garage floor.

I find the old adage of price, speed, quality but you can only have two of the three generally applies to most shops. I've been luck enough to find all 3 with Clarington Cycle. Work is always done right, on time and at a fair price. That is why I've had all my bike work done there for over a decade now. Given the reviews I hear about other shops I'll be sticking with them!

Not all dealers can be GP or Rider's Choice but it still kills me when you go into a shop and they have random size apparel and accessories and a mish mash of product all over the place. Pick the 5 jackets you are going to stock and make sure you have them in every size. I don't want to try on the 4 year old jacket you only have in xs. or the 11 different types of boots you have but you only have 2 sizes in each that you're still asking full price for. Again i don't expect 8 different Alpinestars boots with complete size runs....but have one for God's sake. Then when you offer to order me one I can try on the size.

Part two is communication (as others have mentioned). How about when I express interest in something that you get back to me? When i walk in and tell you i want an exhaust and you say you'll find a price and get back to me.....get effing back to me!

Back
Top Bottom