• Yes

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%
  • Don't know/Undecided

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters
ESL perhaps??

let's see chess and eating hotdogs and Jeopardy are sports but mountain climbing, scuba diving, flying a sailplane etc ad nauseum are not ...got it. ...:rolleyes:

"He who has the most toys when he dies, wins."

Therefore making more money than is needed to survive is a sport.

Climbing a mountain is an activity unless it's a race to the top. Poker and tiddlywinks are competitions.

Climbing a mountain to impress a chick and win her heart away from someone else I guess would then make it a competition and therefore a sport. It's as fuzzy as you want to make it.

Oil thread anyone?

It's as fuzzy as you want to make it.

As is expected with something as imprecise as language.

I was more interested in the results of the poll. Because there have been many cases of misused words that are now accepted as "proper" because so many people have misused it.

In the end, what language is is a way to communicate your point so the most amount of people understand it, so if enough people agree on a definition, than that's what it ends up meaning.

Heartened to know that so many people don't define non-competitive motorcycling a sport.

Surprised that almost a quarter of the respondents do...

Last edited:
As is expected with something as imprecise as language.

I was more interested in the results of the poll. Because there have been many cases of misused words that are now accepted as "proper" because so many people have misused it.

In the end, what language is is a way to communicate your point so the most amount of people understand it, so if enough people agree on a definition, than that's what it ends up meaning.

Heartened to know that so many people don't define non-competitive motorcycling a sport.

Surprised that almost a quarter of the respondents do...

“Non-competitive motorcycling” is too vague.

Riding a Goldwing across the prairies and riding at a trackday could both be considered “non-competitive motorcycling”

Back
Top Bottom